1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

***Players of interest to the Cowboys***

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by JDSTAR, Mar 3, 2013.

1. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

37,515 Messages
    3,819 Likes Received
    I agree. They are likely to draft a WR and RB anytime after rd 3.
  2. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,504 Messages
    1,023 Likes Received
    Their workout list is telling IMO. They are working out first and second round OLine/safety prospects, and mid-round LB and WR prospects. Works for me.
  3. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    It's my opinion. Deal with it. I think they are set at WR and don't need to spend a draft pick on the position.
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,392 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    Terrence Williams isnt a mid round pick. Would not be shocked at with a skill pick rounds 2 or 3, JMO. Most likely TE.
  5. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Most sites that I have checked had him as a second rd prospect. That would be foolish to spend a second on a WR.
  6. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Not if they can re-tool the O-line. Moore/Slauson and/or another linemen early in the draft and I'm fine with a WR. Especially If it's BPA.
  7. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I see your point. I don't care for the free agent fix for the line. I would like them to try to build a solid line through the draft. The free agent route doesn't offer much value. This year I see the WR position as being in very good shape. It is the deepest position on the team for a change. If the long term plan was for drafting a WR to replace Miles, I would be open to that type of move. At least it would open up much needed cap room. As it stands, some positions don't even have a starter. Safety and SLB needs starters now.
  8. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    I like that they have three good WRs in Dez, Miles and Harris, but if Dez or Miles get hurt, like in past seasons? I have hope for Harris to become an outside threat, but it's still an unknown. Beasley? Coale? I have hope, but not comfort about relying on them as depth. Bottom line is, the lines should be priority one and I would love to see a Warmack/Cooper/Fluker pick, I do feel that the two FA G's I mentioned previously have proven to be decent starters and wouldn't be a bad insurance plan, unlike the Livings/Bernadeau signings a year ago.
  9. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,880 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    You make a valid point, but we need to consider that we should look to improve a position at any time. There's a good possibility that a decent WR might get pushed down to the mid rounds. any time you can improve the talent level on your team, you consider the possibility. As much as I want to improve both sides of the line, I will take an upgade at low cost if I can. If there's another Marques Colston out there in a late round, I want him.
  10. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,392 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    Brandon George ‏@dmn_george 4m
    #LSU safety Eric Reid will be one of 30 players the #Dallas #Cowboys bring in for a pre-draft visit in early April http://share.d-news.co/YM4mHq
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
  11. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,392 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 3m
    Jon Cooper/G/North Carolina drawing heavy interest from Tennessee Titans & Dallas Cowboys..
  12. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,392 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 6m
    Cowboys will have a pre-draft visit with TCU WR Josh Boyce, a former high school teammate of RGIII
  13. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,392 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    Eric Galko ‏@OptimumScouting 3m
    EVERY NFL team was at the #UConn Pro Day today, except the Vikings, Redskins, and Cowboys. Bill Belichek the only HC in attendance.
  14. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,392 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    View summary
    Chris Steuber ‏@ChrisSteuber 17m
    I'm told 31 #NFL teams are attending #USC Pro Day. The #Redskins are the only team not represented. #NFLDraft
  15. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,392 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    Jonathan Cyprien of Florida International, rated as the second-best safety in the class by NFL Draft Scout, has scheduled visits with the Falcons, Panthers, Redskins, Cowboys, Dolphins, Jags, Cards, Titans, Browns, Niners, and Texans according to Pro Football Talk.
  16. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,392 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    Chris Steuber ‏@ChrisSteuber 2h
    I'm told all 32 #NFL teams attended #LSU Pro Day today. Sean Payton, Chip Kelly, Mike Tomlin & Mickey Loomis were among the attendees.
  17. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,392 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    NFL Mocks Crew ‏@NFLMocks 2h
    The #Cowboys worked out a pair of LSU players, S Eric Reid and DT Bennie Logan. Reid is a 1st rd option, Logan a 2nd or 3rd.
  18. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,057 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    I can't imagine we would take Eric Reid in the 1st round. Maybe, and I mean maybe if we traded deep back into the 1st like with SF. I think Dallas is just doing their due diligence with Reid. At least I hope that is all it is.
  19. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,392 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
  20. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

37,515 Messages
    3,819 Likes Received
    SMU pro day. Players of interest: DE Margus Hunt, LB Ja’Gared Davis, LB Taylor Reed, RB Zach Line, WR Darius Johnson

The Cowboys had no position coaches in attendance for the workout but coordinator of college scouting Chris Hall, scout Sam Garza and pro scout Henry Sroka were in attendance.