1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Playground football?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by tupperware, Sep 19, 2010.

1. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    I'm definitely not the most knowledgeable football guy around, so I won't for a second pretend to be, but.

Does anyone get the feeling that our offense looks like 11 star's just running around making things happen? What I mean is, watching the Colts and yes, we've got to account a bit for the fact that they have Peyton, but.. watching the Colts you sense organization and purpose, an "identity" I guess you could call it.

With our offense, plays break down incredibly quickly it seems and here is Romo running around in the back field looking to improvise. We just don't see to operate well within the confines of a typical play call. You could call it freelancing, too.

That's not to say I never see it happen, but we just seem so disorganized and clueless half the time. I'm not sure if all of this or most of this comes from the offensive line or not but it's just an observation.
  2. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,075 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    I think it's a reflection of our QB. He's good during a typical play, but he's outstanding when the play breaks down and he's dodging rushers and scrambling trying to make something happen.
  3. Royal Laegotti

Royal Laegotti Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I really love (sarcasm) how after a timeout they're even more confused and disorganized, just something I've noticed.
  4. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,206 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    and that's the way it will always have to be because Romo ain't gonna stand in the pocket and take hits.
  5. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,075 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    He does a lot of retreating throws these days. I think that probably hurts his accuracy, but he almost always has someone in his face. I'm not real sure how you can expect him to step into the throw every single time it happens when it happens ALL THE TIME.