1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Playmaker to Steve Young -"you guys cheated..."

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by odog422, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    In spite of this being a loss, it was one of the best games I've ever seen Aikman play.

We had no RT for the entire game as Larry Allen basically played on one leg...

We gave up those three quickie TDs...

Switzer coached like a moron...three passes at the end of the first half while in SF territory...the ball went back to the 49ers who then threw a long TD to Jerry Rice who ran against single coverage on the play.

And yet, we were still in the game.

All Aikman did was continually pick himself up out of the mud and slop...
  2. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,316 Messages
    442 Likes Received
    It was 38-28.

If that pass interference was called as it should have been, we would have been within the five yard line or so, and most likely would have scored a TD, making the score 38-35 with almost eight (I think) minutes to go in the 4th quarter.

Would've, should've, could've. That 49ers SB title is an asterisk championship in my mind, and will always be one. They cheated and got away with it.
  3. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,585 Messages
    527 Likes Received

If I were in Switzer's shoes when that non-call occured, it would of been much worse then a "bump" to the ref.
  4. MRTRIPOD

MRTRIPOD New Member

338 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    GOD THAT WAS ONE OF THE WORST CALLS EVER>..still upsets me to this day
  5. Billy Bullocks

Billy Bullocks Active Member

4,075 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    me too. I hate arrogant SF fans. It really get's at me when an SF fan accuses me of living in the past.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,135 Messages
    7,850 Likes Received
    That was also the season they circumvented the salary cap.
  7. SupermanXx

SupermanXx Benched

4,009 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm sitting here staring at that picture and I cannot stop. I will never in my life forget that moment or that game. I miss the Dallas Cowboys of that era and they will forever in my mind be the greatest football squad to ever GRACE a field.
  8. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

6,519 Messages
    152 Likes Received
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!.....Lock this thread I'm getting pissed off just looking at that pic.
  9. dougonthebench

dougonthebench Cowboys Forever

2,403 Messages
    0 Likes Received

they were damn good!
  10. YN1SCOTT

YN1SCOTT New Member

59 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    don't be to sure he was joking. I remember that game as im sure many of you do! if not for that PI no-call on deon against irvin for a touch down (if not for spotting them 21 point lead and having to play catch up - a fumble by emmitt) we still had our chances. and didn't emmitt play on two pulled hammies. please lets not take anything away from what the 49er's did but irvin knows they should have still won that game and that has to him and the other cowboys to this day.
  11. YN1SCOTT

YN1SCOTT New Member

59 Messages
    0 Likes Received

i did forget about that and great pic's man!!!! (BARRY-we did have to over come him all year)
  12. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,645 Messages
    386 Likes Received
    All that mugging and he still damn near caught it.

#### me running. :banghead: