1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Please do not try and defend Romo today

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BigDFan5, Dec 31, 2006.

1. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,966 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    I like Romo he has been a very good QB, and todays loss was the entire teams fault. But please I am seeing in threads Romo played great and it wasnt his faut etc, I call BS

INT put Detroit on our own 28

4 fumbles 2 lost one of them giving Detroit the ball on the Dallas 13

Romo deserves plenty of blame for todays loss

2. BlueDemon

BlueDemon Benched

383 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yep he looked slopppy but so did the OL

3. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Exactly, sure he made some great plays, but his TOs killed this team at the same time. As Bad as Defense was, you don't give opposing team the ball at your or near your end zone and except the Defense to hold the opposing team. Even a good team will have trouble.

Romo killed this team with key turnovers at really bad times. And yeah, OL was bad, Defense was bad, but lets not obsolve this blame off from Romo.

4. BigDFan5

14,966 Messages
    121 Likes Received

Which I included in the everybody deserves some blame. To many people trying to say Romo played great when I watched the game and he didnt play great

5. BigDFan5

14,966 Messages
    121 Likes Received

:hammer: exactly what I am saying

6. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,333 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Romo...continually having to run around to make plays because we have an o-line that is letting fewer rushers in than we have blockers....yet the blame is on him? Short sighted to be sure.

Why were we even IN the game to begin with? Romo.

Lost it at the line on offense. Lost it in the backfield on defense.

7. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    are yu talking about Detroit? Or Dallas?

8. burmafrd

burmafrd Benched

43,820 Messages
    3,379 Likes Received
    Defense first. O line second. Romo third.

9. BigDFan5

14,966 Messages
    121 Likes Received

Why were we behind in the first place? I mean didnt the 3 turnovers have something to do with that? Romo deserves blame today just like the others you named

10. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,333 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Detroit was in it because they took a TD away from RW.

Detroit was in the game because they could send fewer rushers than we had o-linemen and could get pressure.

Detroit was in the game because of a faulty defensive scheme.

If Romo didn't do some of the things that he DID do, then it is a blow-out....we woulda been crushed.

11. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    blame doesnt belong with one guy...Romo really made some dumb plays but it isnt all on him either

we could run the ball a lick...pass blocking was bad...defense is beyond horrible, and our special teams killed us save Newman's TD

it was a total team effort today...starts with the coaches and should end there...Jones has to know beyond a shadow of a doubt now what he has to do...this whole staff, including Parcells needs an overhaul

we need to find the next Jimmy Johnson, not a puppet like Campo or Gailey...not a clown like Switzer and not a has been relic like Parcells...we need a fresh start

david

12. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

5,347 Messages
    974 Likes Received
    He is at fault. As is every other player that took the field today. Romo did a lot of positive things. He also made some mistakes. I don't think a single player played with perfection -- though Terry Glenn came mighty close off the top of my head, as did possibly Ware.

But this isn't a hang-Romo-in-Saddam-style game where we should be pondering his replacement. He wasn't "the" reason we lost.

13. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    If he didn't turn the ball over 3 times, putting the defense in a bad way, we win in a rout.

14. iceberg

iceberg it's business, this emotional game Zone Supporter

31,248 Messages
    3,948 Likes Received
    then please quit "attacking" players as if you think you've aot a neener neener ready to give out and the opportunity finally presented itself.

romo has done better than we expected for his first NOT EVEN A FULL YEAR of play.

i'm sick and tired of people pulling out a "moment" as if it will define his entire career.

we've got a legit QB now - i'd suggest finding a way to deal with it cause he ain't going anywhere.

back to your blind attacking.

15. BigDFan5

14,966 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    Thats whaT i said :laugh2:

16. dback

dback Member

812 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Romo wasn't stellar today, but I am glad that he was still trying to rally the team.

He has to make these mistakes sometime, it is important that he learns from them.

17. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    you dont really believe this do you?

we couldnt stop crap...it doesnt matter if the team has to go the length of the field or 10 yds...we cant stop anybody...the Lions had a scab team like roster today and came in our place and kicked our rear ends...

its pathetic

David

18. spindoc

spindoc Member

167 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I'm glad you are not in charge of the team. Romo was bad, but the defense was much worse. Try to be objective.

19. BigDFan5

14,966 Messages
    121 Likes Received

Maybe you have me mixed up with someone else because I dont attack any players on the tem, Not even TO. This thread isnt attacking anyone either. Maybe you posted in the wrong thread on accident?

20. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

16,830 Messages
    985 Likes Received
    Bledsoe didn't get that excuse, why should Romo?