1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Please give me reason for hope

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by john van brocklin, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,230 Messages
    5,474 Likes Received
    There is that Crawford again.
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,045 Messages
    1,163 Likes Received
    If it's reasonable for a 2nd or 3rd in this draft to improve our line it's just as reasonable for Crawford to do so. He'll get significant playing time, good or bad. He looked like a better Jason Hatcher to me (compared to Hatcher at his age).
  3. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    At least Matt Johnson is not the topic of safety greatness this offseason. The draft class with Mo, Crawford and Johnson received a ton of hype, but have provided little on the field. It is showing hints of being a very bad class. Not as bad as the 2009 class, but it is getting close if a couple of these players don't step up.
  4. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,567 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Thanks folks for all your insights, there are some positives as you good folks pointed out.
  5. Falcon554

Falcon554 Benched

1,187 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    could it be any worse?
  6. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,260 Messages
    2,456 Likes Received
    Thanks to Garrett, right? :p
    khiladi likes this.
  7. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,426 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    I'm sorry I have little to no hope. If Romo comes back 100%, which I believe he will, I will have a little hope as he's our only chance since our offense is outdated and sucks.

Outside of that we wait for our new HC. We need a countdown clock at the top of CZ with that countdown instead of the draft/training camp clock! :p
    khiladi and pjtoadie like this.
  8. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,045 Messages
    1,163 Likes Received
    Thanks to the talent. If Garrett were fired today most would still expect this to be a top 5-10 offense next year.
    khiladi, pjtoadie and ScipioCowboy like this.
  9. MikeT22

MikeT22 Active Member

413 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Jerry is over 70. Probably have maybe 10 years, 15 max, of him running the team. Even though Stephen will probably take it over at that point I don't think he will have the same ego and power-hungry drive Jerry has.

Even if Stephen takes on the GM role, I doubt he'll be getting his info outside the organization from idiots like Lacewell and Switzer. Also think Stephen would hire a quality HC and let the coach run the football aspects of the team like most normal teams. Doubt Stephen will be so egotistical as Jerry to hire just slightly empowered coordinators to be HC while he hires much of the staff or make game strategy demands of the coaches like Jerry has done.

So while I can't give you immediate hope for the near future, I think we are in the 4th quarter of Jerry being the hands on owner/gm of the team. Guess we just have to bide our time and wait for him to be gone from the organization. At that point, I think we will be able to have real hope again.
  10. dcstands4

dcstands4 Active Member

653 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    If you needa reason maybe you shouldn't be here
  11. theranchsucks

theranchsucks Well-Known Member

1,057 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    secret sauce
    pjtoadie likes this.
  12. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Well-Known Member

4,472 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    Maybe moving on from Romo is a good thing.
  13. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,474 Messages
    2,894 Likes Received
    For all that walk through the stadium doors......................."All Hope Is Lost"............................LOL
  14. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,032 Messages
    1,155 Likes Received
    I think in the 2014 NFL season...follow me here, because I am going to want your feedback. I think in the 2014 NFL season.... Jerry Jones + Jason Garrett = Winning the Super Bowl for this franchise.
    Your thoughts, please.
  15. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,636 Messages
    5,548 Likes Received
    Get your popcorn ready.
    dupree89 likes this.
  16. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,032 Messages
    1,155 Likes Received

there you go! I like a 'staff member' that demonstrates a good sense of humor late at night. A pay raise for you will be suggested.
  17. car351

car351 Member

88 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Nice post, I share in your same hopes.
  18. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,474 Messages
    2,894 Likes Received
    LOL..................if Jason Garrett ever wins a SuperBowl, the first thing I am going to think is "has hell frozen over?".....................LOL
    khiladi, PA Cowboy Fan and cml750 like this.
  19. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,567 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Is hope a stratagy ?

Sounds like we are "hoping" a lot of things go our way .

I "hope" they do !
  20. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,524 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    First thought that came to mind was the first response in the thread. Well done!