1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Plot to assasinate Obama discovered in Denver

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ThaBigP, Aug 25, 2008.

1. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Freakin' morons! :mad:
  3. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wow.

I fear for him if he gets elected.
  4. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll bet you a jelly doughnut that the howls will become deafening - claiming talk radio is to blame. Same happened after the OK City bombing.
  5. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Me too. I disagree with just about everything about him politically, but nothing infurates me more than a** holes like this.
  6. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,706 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    Plot to Kill Obama: Shoot From High Vantage Point
    Written By Brian Maass

Related: Anarchists And Police Clash In Downtown Denver
    Section: Democratic National Convention Section
    Reporting
    Brian Maass

E-mail DENVER (CBS4) ― CBS4 has now learned at least four people are under arrest in connection with a possible plot to kill Barack Obama at his Thursday night acceptance speech in Denver. All are being held on either drug or weapons charges.

CBS4 Investigator Brian Maass reported one of the suspects told authorities they were "going to shoot Obama from a high vantage point using a ... rifle … sighted at 750 yards."

Law enforcement sources tell Maass that one of the suspects "was directly asked if they had come to Denver to kill Obama. He responded in the affirmative."

The story began emerging Sunday morning when Aurora police arrested 28-year-old Tharin Gartrell. He was driving a rented pickup truck in an erratic manner according to sources.

Sources told CBS4 police found two high-powered, scoped rifles in the car along with camouflage clothing, walkie-talkies, a bulletproof vest, a spotting scope, licenses in the names of other people and methamphetamine. One of the rifles is listed as stolen from Kansas.

Subsequently authorities went to the Cherry Creek Hotel to contact an associate of Gartrell's. But that man, who was wanted on numerous warrants, jumped out of a sixth floor hotel window. Law enforcement sources say the man broke an ankle in the fall and was captured moments later. Sources say he was wearing a ring with a swastika, and is thought to have ties to white supremacist organizations.

A third man -- an associate of Gartrell and the hotel jumper was also arrested. He told authorities that the two men "planned to kill Barack Obama at his acceptance speech."

That man, along with a woman, are also under arrest.

The Secret Service, FBI, ATF and the joint terrorism task force are all investigating the alleged plot.

The U.S. Attorney in Denver has scheduled a news conference for Tuesday afternoon.

CBS4 will have new details on this developing story at 10pm.

Video: http://www.cbs4denver.com/video/?id=45807@kcnc.dayport.com
  7. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hope these would-be neo-James Earl Rays get the death penalty for conspiring to assasinate a candidate for President. Not sure what federal law says about the matter (regarding a candidate rather than a sitting Pres), but this isn't one nut like Hinkley. This looks like quite a few folks may be involved. I hope they've all been caught, and no more are running around as "backup".
  8. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Unfortunately I feel there are more of these nut jobs out there and are not in a conspiracy. As much as I dislike the guy and his policies I would rather him be POTUS than killed. I don't understand these crackpots at all.
  9. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yep.

My brother is always going on and on about Obama being assinated, now I they just gave him more ammo.
  10. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Mick, Is that John Amos in your Avatar?

He is one of my favorite actors. He doesn't get enough credit for the work he's done.
  11. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yep.

You are the 3rd person to ask me that. I am going to have to lighten it in photoshop.

He is by far my favorite character on The West Wing. Always wants to shoot first and ask questions later after the United States has been attacked :bow: .
  12. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    He was interviewed on BET once a while back and he seemed like a no nonsense kind of guy. I like his demeanor and he should be getting more movie roles IMO.
  13. Bonecrusher#31

Bonecrusher#31 Active Member

1,815 Messages
    9 Likes Received

This is some sickening $#!t...........:mad:
  14. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,684 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    His role as the Owner/Manager of McDowell's in Coming to America was transcendent.

[IMG]

I mean he's talking on a hamburger flip phone.

;)
  15. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,288 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    These dudes need to be locked up for good there is no excuse for this behavior.
  16. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,910 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    I fear for this country if he gets elected... just sayin'...
  17. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why's that, isn't all the talk about "change" just empty rhetoric?
  18. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    It's safe to say he won't be winning Colorado. I don't know what he was wasting his time for there anyways. This seems like the police are almost trying to scare him. That detective strikes me as bizarre.
  19. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,910 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    Of course it is, but our Congress has never met a tax they didn't like...

If socialized medicine gets enacted, after the colossal failure it will be, Congress will never repeal the costs to the American taxpayer...
  20. EveryoneElse

EveryoneElse Active Member

3,877 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I really have no use for Obama politically, but what a shame......what a shame. People are crazy, they have no idea how valuable life is.