1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Politico: Palin tells friends: Watch Beck

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Angus, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    August 26, 2009
    Categories: Sarah Palin
    Palin tells friends: Watch Beck

Sarah Palin, again using the Facebook platform to reach supporters, told them today to tune into Fox's Glenn Beck, who she feels has been "doing an extraordinary job this week walking America behind the scenes of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and outlining who is actually running the White House."

Palin, who has over 829,000 supporters on Facebook, added: "Monday night he asked us to invite one friend to watch; tonight I invite all my friends to watch."

By Michael Calderone 11:47 AM

http://www.politico.com/blogs/michaelcalderone/0809/Palin_tells_friends_Watch_Beck.html
  2. Temo

Temo Active Member

3,712 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Worlds collide. The righteous indignation of the left now has a single target to focus all their outrage.
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,031 Messages
    3,262 Likes Received
    Beck is a straight up loon, even others on fox think he is over the top.
  4. Ioz

Ioz Benched

15 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    they are like two peas in a pod.
  5. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I wonder how many facebook users have added her as a friend just to use the "poke" feature. :D
  6. jwhardin

jwhardin Member

412 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Beck maybe a little crazy, but I enjoy listening to him, much more than those who think I'm a redneck, tea bagging, racist and potential domestic terrorist; also unamerican. If he is lying all they have to do is refute him. He implies that Obama is a racist, so they brand him a racist. Well, how many other people, using that standard, make them racist, most of all those that call him racist. Interesting! The truth of life is that we run in ever diminishing circles at ever increasing speeds until we run up our on rearends
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,354 Messages
    1,860 Likes Received
    His antics are sometimes, uh, often looney for sure. But he is right on point plenty of times.
  8. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, I could do w/o the crying and theatrics. But he nails it more often than not on the issues.
  9. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,744 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    Wow, what is she thinking?
  10. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives.

6,972 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    That my fine sir, is absolutely not true. Have you seen his chalkboard drawings ? He shows the links between the unions, Goldman Sachs and the white house very clearly. Most at Fox really, really like him....and I'm not just talking about the folks in sales selling ad time.

Beck is killing the competition in his time slot, not even close.

Liberal elitist like to think the rest of the country is stupid when one of our guys kills the competition, but when Obama wins the election with like 52% of the vote the rest of the country is smart again...lol.
  11. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Tune in and find out. Might be a revelation.

:)
  12. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Palin supports Fox's Beck over Obama's a racist comment
    By Erika Bolstad | McClatchy Newspapers

WASHINGTON — Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is jumping into the fray over FOX News talk show host Glenn Beck, whose assertion last month that President Barack Obama is "a racist" led to a boycott of the companies advertising on his show, and ultimately, led some to drop their sponsorship of his show.

Palin on Wednesday had this to say on Facebook, the social networking Web site that, since she stepped down as governor, has been the former Republican vice presidential candidate's main platform for communicating: "FOX News' Glenn Beck is doing an extraordinary job this week walking America behind the scenes of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and outlining who is actually running the White House.

"Monday night he asked us to invite one friend to watch; tonight I invite all my friends to watch."

Palin is referring to Beck's attack this week on the background of Van Jones, who the Los Angeles Times describes as "a White House environmental advisor and co-founder of an African American political advocacy group that organized an advertising boycott of his program."

Color of Change launched the boycott of Beck's advertisers for remarks he made July 29 on "Fox and Friends," the cable channel's morning program. Beck was talking about Obama’s "beer summit" between Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. and James Crowley, the Cambridge, Mass., police sergeant who arrested Gates. Here's what Beck said: "This president, I think, has exposed himself as a guy over and over and over again, who has a deep-seated hatred for white people, or the white culture, I don't know what it is," Beck said. He added, "I'm not saying he doesn't like white people, I'm saying he has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist."

James Rucker, the executive director of Color of Change, told the L.A. Times that Jones hasn't been active in the organization for almost two years. In the same article, Rucker called Beck's effort to shift the focus to Jones "baseless fear mongering."

Some 36 advertisers — including Wal-Mart, Procter & Gamble and AT&T — stopped advertising on Beck's show, according to Brandweek Magazine.

Palin herself was one of Beck’s first guests this winter when his show moved from CNN to FOX. It has been her only appearance on the program, according to Media Matters for America, a liberal-leaning media watchdog group.

On the subject of race, Palin had this to say to Beck on Jan. 19, when he asked her whether, when Obama was sworn in the next day, if he was "your president tomorrow?"

Palin: "Absolutely, he is. We are all Americans and united we stand. I am proud of our country. I am proud to be able to acknowledge, finally, that color will never be a barrier henceforth. It should never be. Gender should not be a barrier for promotion, for elections, for anything else. Barack Obama represents that. So I am proud of where our country is today, and I look forward to the optimism and to the promise that I have faith in that his administration will help to usher in."

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/homepage/story/74415.html
  13. Ioz

Ioz Benched

15 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    tweetle dumb and tweetle dumber
  14. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,744 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    I'll pass. :eek::
  15. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Uh,no sir...Beck is passionate about freedom and country.
    Beck can see what many here see,and you and many here choose to ignore.
  16. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Of course you'll pass...see my last post and allocate yourself.
  17. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,872 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Actually, Beck is more interested in being the Ringmaster. He just wants Sarah to be part of the Circus.
  18. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,544 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    And she'll have plenty to do...

[IMG]
  19. BrAinPaiNt

60,031 Messages
    3,262 Likes Received
    He was on the Spin Factor with Bill a few times and at least two times I seen bill basically making fun of him and saying he is using fear tactics.

I have seen Shep flat out mocking him as well.

He is an over the top dramatic loon and anyone can see it.
  20. BrAinPaiNt

60,031 Messages
    3,262 Likes Received
    No he is a loon...I saw one show and even the stooges he had on his panel were looking at him dumbfounded at some of the conspiracy theories he was trying to portray.

Guy is a flat out loon.