Politico: Palin tells friends: Watch Beck

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Angus, Aug 26, 2009.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Hunka Hunka Burning BP Staff Member

66,162 Messages
    11,459 Likes Received
    I still think he is a loon.
  2. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives.

7,969 Messages
    869 Likes Received
    Wow Brain, you are sounding more and more like the rat. We get you don't like fox news, but are you against everything that Beck has been speaking about the last few weeks. Do you even know what he has been uncovering ?

We get it, you are impartial but hate Beck, Palin and O"Reilly. That doesn't sound impartial, which is fine take your stand on the left...Its you right (chuckle). But you are not impartial but a left winger.

So, glad we have that straightened out :)

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/29702/?ck=1
  3. BrAinPaiNt

66,162 Messages
    11,459 Likes Received
    I really don't care for any of the political talking heads on various cable channels and have asked time and time again for a show on a channel that is just down the middle without all of the right and left leaning slant...yet I never can find such a show or channel.

As I said...the only one I remotely watch now is Morning Joe and Joe Scarbrough (sp?) is not a liberal.:D

But that does not change the fact that Beck is a loon.

I might not like how Bill, Hannity or Rush go about things but they are nowhere near the level of loon that beck is. At first when I was watching his show I thought it was just an act...now I am not so sure.

Sorry if that chaps people in here that seeminly blindly follow these guys, but the guy is a loon IMO.
  4. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I liked when I could read Glenn Beck, when he did a line on CNN.com, because what he said made sense and I was able to take it for what it was worth without the act.

I haven't seen one second of his show, so I can't comment on it, but I think it's time people in the public eye realized that an act is usually seen as transparent and turns people off to what you might have to say, regardless of whether or not it has merit.

If Palin is exhorting people to watch, it's probably a bad move as well, as it pigeon holes her into that sort of thing, with a built in prejudice (though she already has one of her own). She should just say what she has to say directly and ignore pundits and TV personalities.

We need some no nonsense politicians, unwilling to play the games and just talk without trying to appeal to a base. These are trying times for any honest politician who might want to try to truly unite this country and it's going to take someone much better than what we have now.
  5. BrAinPaiNt

66,162 Messages
    11,459 Likes Received
    That would be nice...I just don't see it happening though.

The republican base was so fired up over Clinton.
    The democratic base was so fired up over W.
    Now the republican base is fired up over Obama.

It goes beyond politicians and political talking mouths actually wanting to have a cool, calm, logical debate without making up lies, exaggerating and stretching truths and hyperbole. And sadly the party sheep follow and swallow these things hook line and sinker.

It gets annoying.

It is one thing for a bunch of us fools to hash things out on a message board, but these guys are supposed to be professionals and instead are just nothing more than professional shills and hacks for their parties.

Furthermore I think if by some crazy situation some politician gets through that is really the type we would deem as honorable, trustworthy and not driven by party antics...they would probably not get much done because the parties would fight them tooth and nail and the parties base would go against them.
  6. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Yeah, that honest politician might already have tried and been quietly knocked the hell out of politics for all we know. It'll take someone very strong and thick-skinned to stay on course and will most likely be vilified no end while current, with only latter history to tell the truth about his worth.

Like I said trying to times for both us and our politicians.
  7. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Are you a doctor like Obama?,because really,bro,you sound just as stupid prescribing to those who need no prescription.
    I am perfectly sane BP.
    Keep your eyes closed bro...avoiding the obvious only hurt the sheep.
    They only find out when they are wool and meat.
  8. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member

4,646 Messages
    771 Likes Received
    Beck is just fighting the absurdity of the entire premise of Liberal political existence.......with more absurdity.......

who has bailed.........and why..
    Progressive Insurance. They don't call it "Progressive" for nothing. This Peter Lewis run supawn was the engine that gave $8.5 million dollars to the ACLU. You may remember Peter Lewis as the billionaire with a painting of Chinese communist Mao Tse-tung hanging in his house. It's a Warhol. The only thing more shocking than Progressive Insurance pulling their advertising from Glenn Beck is the idea that they ever became an advertiser to begin with.
    Verizon/AT&T/Sprint. Oh, here come the telecoms strong with Verizon VP Jim Gerace hanging out the passenger window with a shotgun; "We made a decision that we don't want to be advertising on that program for a lot of reasons." I wonder if one of those reasons is that Glenn pointed out that Obama's foot soldiers are the unions? And what union does Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint call daddy? The Communication Workers of America. It's the site with the little AFL-CIO logo at the top. Well I'm sure the Communistcation Workers of America have no dog in this fight, but since we're playing journalist (1940s black coffee journalist, not a Starbucks reporter) let's zip over to OpenSecrets.org to see what we see. Oh, and look at that. OpenSecrets classifies the Communication Workers of America as a "Heavy Hitter". They've given out $26.7 million dollars to politicians. But don't worry, only 99% of that went to Democrats. I'd give these telecoms credit for not grabbing the $5 billion in Obama-dollars offered to them, but I won't since the only reason they didn't is the net neutrality conditions on taking it.
    Walmart. Walmart recently "flabbergasted" the National Retail Federation after throwing in for Obama's employer mandate on healthcare. Walmart also has a PAC, of which 64% goes to Democrats in the latest cycle. Oh, one other thing, Walmart's CEO signed the letter announcing this change. Under his signature was the signature of Andrew Stern, President of the Service Employees International Union, and Obama abettor John Podesta, who is chief executive for the Center for American Progress. Why? The SEIU is a union that Glenn has been particularly vocal in outing as an arm of the Obama administration. They land at #9 on the Heavy Hitters list with $27.5 million going to politicians, 95% of which went to Democrats (and no, the other 5% did not go to Republicans.) On the other hand, it's nice to see Walmart finally carrying Glenn's books.
    Best Buy. Why would Best Buy turn their back on Glenn Beck? Is it really public outrage or do they have anything at all to gain from going against someone who wants to expose Obama's healthcare sham? MobileHealthNews.com: "Best Buy appears to be gearing up to re-enter the market in a very big way — this time, though, it looks like its healthcare technology offerings will remain in-house."
    Campbells Soup. Well this one just makes perfect sense, since they have been trying to transition into marketing the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender community. You gotta move that Double Noodle any way you can.
    UPS. UPS is Teamster turf. The Teamsters are a part of the AFL-CIO. The Teamsters are #10 on OpenSecret.org's Heavy Hitter list, coming in with $27.4 million in donations, 92% of which went to Democrats. FedEx gave 58% of their PAC to Republicans, remember that next time you ship a package.
    I bet you can't wait until you're forced to be in a union that gives your money to Democrats. One might almost think this all looks orchestrated. Nah, that would take one heck of an organizer to pull off something like that.

.........boycotts work both ways....I vote in the "off season" with my pocket book.......but apparently not as much as liberals do......
  9. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    No, the game you have played is provide nothing to back up your supposition. And once again, you can't back it up. You can't even provide one link to a video or audio or even a written piece by him to prove it.

You just like bashing conservatives even though you claim to be all middle of the road and part of the gret unwashed.

A farce you have perpetrated but have failed to perfect.
  10. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Ok BP.
    Beck is a loon.
    He is a loon because the left says he is a loon.
    I have said this before,but it bears repeating.

The left is in the business of character destruction.
    Notice you said nothing about his ideas.
    Why?
    Because in the realm of ideas the left cannot compete.
    Therefore,character assassination is a must.
    The faith on the conservatives lead us to know that we are not living in a perfect world.
    Our faith lead us to make the best of what we have,when we have it,where we have it.
    It lights up the individual spirit,causing it to create,and carry on the entrepeneur in all of us.
    The left's lack of faith makes some believe that we are dependant in government.
    Government is their faith.
    Since true faith is absent,the left tries to create Heaven on Earth.Equality over freedom,no rich,no poor,community over individual.All equal,no matter what,except for those who peddle it,they can be living in the lap of luxury.
    What ends up happening in a leftist world is hellish human living conditions.
    Loss of motivation and human spirit,equal distribution of death and misery...government subjects abound.
    It has been tried before...it has failed miserably before.
    Life is sacred.The American spirit is sacred.Freedom is in our DNA.
    Do not lose it BP...were Paul Revere and Israel Bissell loons too?

Think about it man...it is all about love and country.
  11. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member

4,646 Messages
    771 Likes Received
  12. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    And failed big time.
    BP says Beck is a loon yet he provides absolutely NO reason to prove it.
    Forget the ideas,assassinate the character.
  13. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Can you fiind a way to make this post make no sense?...only then the left will understand it....fill it up with fantasy,and feel good stories.
  14. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member

4,646 Messages
    771 Likes Received
    .......my 1st concern would be to make it fit their attention span......;)
  15. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,079 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I'm curious BP. since you think Van Jones and John Holdrens are nippleheads, how did you find that out? Tell us how you learned about them before Beck outed them. Please.

:D
  16. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,079 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    vta, you are unwittingly (apparently) describing Sarah Palin. Don't you think, after examining recent history?

:)
  17. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Anything is possible and I'm not discounting people or talking specifics.
    I know she's not what is popularly portrayed as, just as I know Bush was not dumb. But I do think in regard to this, she's unwisely trying to 'play the game' or beat her opponents at their own game, which she shouldn't.
  18. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Can't wait for this answer.....:popcorn:
  19. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,748 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  20. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,042 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    The bolded parts are hilarious, especially considering who its coming from. Up to two-thirds of your posts on this board are insults, and you've got the nerve to accuse others of "character assassination?"