1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Poll Question for Republicans

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Danny White, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This question is for registered Republicans or those who generally view themselves as Republicans.

If John McCain named Joe Lieberman as his running mate, would you vote for him?
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,177 Messages
    767 Likes Received
    I respect Joe Lieberman a whole lot more then John McCain. So I would have no trouble at all.
  3. Mavs Man

Mavs Man All outta bubble gum

4,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm tempted to write in "John McClane" but I'm sure they would just apply the vote to someone else. ;)

I'm really not sure what I'm going to do come November. I have yet to miss a national election, midterm or not, but I may just leave it blank and vote for state offices, only.
  4. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,444 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    Actually if Lieberman was on the ticket I would have a lot of respect for McCain, because his party will throw him out on his arse in 2012. I am actually warming to McCain this country needs someone more middle of the road than far right or far left, and I always thought of McCain as a liberal Republican
  5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

20,156 Messages
    802 Likes Received
    Registered Independent here, so I won't vote in your poll.

However, Lieberman is so far right of Obama (or better put, Obama is so far let of Lieb) that I can't see how his being a VP would casue someone to cross the aisle. They may be disgruntled, but I would think the choice would still be clear to those that already favor McCain.
  6. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It would basically be moderate Democrats vs. liberal Democrats. One of the two will win so I'd still vote for the least liberal.
  7. Danny White

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I must hang out with some serious right-wing nuts... because I don't know of a single Republican who would vote for that ticket! :D
  8. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,586 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    Thats where I am at as well.

Now if Obama gets Powell to run with him ..... I do not know what I will do.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,858 Messages
    974 Likes Received
    I would vote for this ticket. I think this would be a good moderate ticket for the republicans but I do not think McCain will do it because of the far right wing.
  10. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Obama's the most liberal Dem Senator. Everyone's far to the right of him.
  11. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,044 Messages
    871 Likes Received
    I'm not a registered Republican but since I've come out and said I am voting for my fellow Arizonan I voted in the poll.
  12. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

20,156 Messages
    802 Likes Received
    That is my point
  13. Rackat

Rackat Active Member

2,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've never been a registered member of eithe partty, but have tended towards the Conservative candidates.

Since the choice is McCain or Obama, I'll take the less Liberal guy, with or without Lieberman. I like Lieberman, so it wouldn't be that difficult of a choice for me.
  14. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,826 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    I'm not a registered Republican. But I have never voted Democrat. I can't bring myself to vote for people with their ideals. If I ever found a Democrat that was conservative fiscally and socially, I might vote for them.

Ok...Here's the deal.

I would hate the McCain/Liebermann ticket.

But what's the alternative? Obama and whomever else?

Don't think so.

It would be a lesser of two evils thing.....

McCain was just a terrible choice for Republicans. We had junk to choose from this year. Just like the Dems the last couple of elections.

What would Republicans gain from voting for Obama or another party? Would they really want a guy like Obama as president?
  15. Danny White

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This poll has been eye-opening for me.

It makes me think McCain has a better shot of winning than I may have previously thought. It seems that Obama is really making the right-leaners rally around McCain.
  16. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,826 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    He can't hide the fact that he's an ultra-liberal.

But I think Obama wins going away. He "looks" and "sounds" more presidential. I don't mean that in a bad way.

He's charismatic...he's a great speaker...he carries himself in a confident manner.

McCain just looks old. He's quiet....He's frail looking.

McCain gets my vote because I try to vote for the candidate that most closely matches my beliefs. Obama isn't even close.

Of course, libertarians are close....but really, third parties have virtually no shot. A vote for one of them, is a vote for Obama, IMO.
  17. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Liebrman and McCain.... now that's a ticket to laugh at. And not to be too discouraging, but I wouldn't count on that. Not to mention, Obama hasn't started his campaign attacks on McCain. It's not time yet, nor has be chosen a VP.
  18. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received

..us liberals call 'em neo-cons.
  19. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,044 Messages
    871 Likes Received
    What I find funniest is that Liberals would "laugh at" the most possible Liberal ticket the Republicans could run.

Seems to me that's a win-win proposition.

I guess not. I admit I don't get it though. Never quite have grasped partisanship.
  20. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

12,725 Messages
    480 Likes Received
    You can call them whatever you want.

Eventually, one day... you'll actually get it correct.