1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Poll::trade senerio

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Q_the_man, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Q_the_man

Q_the_man Active Member

2,337 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Arizona is on the clock with the #8 pick, would u trade the #11 and 2nd rounder for the #8 if MW is there.
  2. Q_the_man

Q_the_man Active Member

2,337 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I say yes, maybe they could throw their 3rd rounder in there.....it would be nice if they took the #20 and 2nd, with Coakley as a throw in....
  3. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

18,857 Messages
    380 Likes Received
    No.
    We need defense.
  4. Merlin

Merlin Member

361 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No. Thats too much to give up move up three spots. A first and a third and maybe a sixth is approximately the value for moving up three spots. Look at the draft value chart stickied to the top of this forum. We don't have a third this year either.
  5. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,136 Messages
    661 Likes Received
    No. I dont rate MW that highly.
    I would certinaly take him at 20 in a split second but 11 is probably a bit too high.
  6. Boy's fan in Giant land

Boy's fan in Giant land New Member

775 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's good, but not THAT good. We can manage quite well next season with our existing corps of wideouts if need be. As someone else mentioned, we need defense.
  7. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,710 Messages
    251 Likes Received
    We can't give up a 2nd to move up three spots. If we had a 3rd we could, but then again, we ain't got a 3rd.

I don't see us trading up this year despite the two first rounders. Most of the guys we'll need will not go in the top 5 - 8 anyway.
  8. Big Country

Big Country Rolling Thunder

3,716 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    If Williams is there I'd trade to 9 or 10 not 8 because AZ isn't going to pick a WR... they have Boldin and Fitzgerald... Dallas should worry about someone else picking up those WRs earlier anyway than worrying about the 8 spot.