1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Poor 'ol Wannstedt, Boston hurt

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by dbair1967, Aug 6, 2004.

1. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It must really suck to be Dave Wannstedt right now:

ESPN.com news services
    The Miami Dolphins' David Boston suffered an injury to the left patella tendon in his knee during the team's practice Friday in Houston.

Boston will have an MRI late Friday night to determine the severity of the injury, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports.

If the patella tendon is torn, it is typically a season-ending injury.

Dolphins' coach Dave Wannstedt said the initial diagnosis was a strained patellar tendon.

Preparing for a scrimmage Saturday against the Texans, Boston's left knee appeared to buckle from under him without contact. With his knee heavily wrapped, he was taken off the field on a cart.
  2. AJM1613

AJM1613 New Member

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Damn, I hope he is alright... :(
  3. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,666 Messages
    1,469 Likes Received
    Me too, for selfish reasons. Miami needs to beat the Bills twice.

Not good news.
  4. AJM1613

AJM1613 New Member

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It is actually good news for me considering we have the Dolphins' second round pick.

But at the same time, I wanted to see this guy do good this year, and help beat the Patriots twice.
  5. Roughneck

Roughneck Active Member

2,682 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Even with a healthy Boston and Ricky Williams still on their roster, Miami still would have lost both of their games to New England.
  6. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,666 Messages
    1,469 Likes Received
    Perhaps- but that certainly isn't a 'gimme'. Those AFC East games are routinely close games, real battles.

NE isn't a particularly high scoring team and Miami's strength has been their defense.
  7. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,722 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    I got this image from from a disgruntled PhinFan at screwricky.com... it certaily seems poignant to the situation in South Florida... ;)

[IMG]
    "Well I'm Sh*t Outta Ideas"​