1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pope finally passes

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by CanadaBoys, Apr 2, 2005.

1. CanadaBoys

CanadaBoys New Member

818 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    it was pretty much inevitable... the guy hung on a lot longer than i ever thought he would.

http://www.cnn.com/
  2. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
  3. peacockaja

peacockaja Member

204 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  4. CanadaBoys

CanadaBoys New Member

818 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Vatican's chamberlain, now Cardinal Eduardo Martinez Somalo of Spain, verifies the papal death -- which in the past was done by striking the pope's forehead with a silver hammer. The chamberlain, or camerlengo, then calls out to the pope three times by his baptismal name. When the pope does not respond, the camerlengo then announces "the pope is dead."

:eek:
  5. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,547 Messages
    3,394 Likes Received
    Is that true??? Wow, that definitely confirms whether he's dead, but dang..
    Whatever happened to simply checking his pulse? I'm not catholic, but I hesitate to believe they still do that. Seems too medieval. Gonna call some friends and confirm.
  6. CanadaBoys

CanadaBoys New Member

818 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It does say IN THE PAST.... I assune they mean it's not done anymore... but still... I wonder how many pope's weren't quite dead until someone SLAMMED THEM ON THE HEAD WITH A HAMMER!!!!
  7. Gibby!

Gibby! Pom Pom Waving Shill

1,497 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Sounds reasonable considering the papacy came to power during the dark ages, when communication and medical technology was at its lowest point ever...

Everyone has heard the story of the graveyard shift, and the little bells they had put in next to freshly dug graves right?