1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Poppinga vs Vickers

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CATCH17, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,051 Messages
    1,234 Likes Received
    Hell’s ya. The Poppinga pandemic!
  2. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    There are stages of practice, I'm sure in that same day they were going full speed at some point but blowing a guy up when he's expecting a body thud is just lame.
  3. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,131 Messages
    249 Likes Received

Having a few loose canons in the locker room can be a good thing. However, there is nothing admirable about one player practicing at one speed while the rest of the team is following coaches instructions to practice at a different speed. That does nothing but increase the chance of injury. Anyone who's played a team sport at ANY level can relate...
  4. Manster54

Manster54 Active Member

854 Messages
    51 Likes Received

I get it.

Maybe I am just tired of the "softness" of this entire team. There is NO ONE with a bad attitude. Just someone (anyone) who wakes up pissed and wants to make someone else pay for the mistake of being in his face... Mad dog mean. There is nothing "killer" about this team. Just butterflies and puppies. Feel me?
  5. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Please.. stop. If you have the pads on.. you should expect to hit and be hit. If you arn't, you arn't preparing for Sunday very well.

Maybe that's why this team never seems to be very physical on gameday.

I loved the Vickers signing, but.. "we don't practice that way"??

Really?? That's bs.
  6. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,591 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    We could really use a guy like him, I mean his name lol Poppinga sounds cray,
  7. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

2,259 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Yep. That could be why it takes them so long to get going in the games. They have to get punched in the mouth before they wake up. I'd rather they did the punching.

I do too but it might be a little too late.
  8. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,492 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    As much as I like hearing what he said, let's not forget he is only here because we lost yet another stud ILB. Perspective.
  9. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,956 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    That's fine for Poppinga to feel like that, but I believe he doesn't understand the rules of contact as set by the CBA.

People probably want to make this out as "look how soft the Cowboys are," but no team is allowed to do all the "popping" that some players would like to do.
  10. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,956 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    I'm sorry, but that's just not the way the NFL works anymore, even if we wish otherwise. Players safety is paramount, so rules are in place to limit the amount of actual hitting.

Teams get fined for such things now.
  11. ksadler1

ksadler1 Member

52 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Maybe he was just showing Vickers how to block.....
  12. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,167 Messages
    139 Likes Received
    wish all of them had part of his attitude.
  13. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    So u think the winning strategy is to allow guys to come in off the street and go full contact with a starter who is injured?

Outstanding philosophy.

I hope he tackled Murray below the knees also, then we will be in great shape.
  14. boyzjunkie

boyzjunkie Active Member

245 Messages
    48 Likes Received
  15. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,005 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    Yep this team sure does need a few Haley's around. A crazy ***** that keeps everyone on edge...we definitely do not have that. On the Jimmy teams we had Haley, Larry Allen, Eric Big E Williams to name a few of the nasties. Players around the league were would crap their pants when they knew they had to face Williams and Allen. With those two it was a WAR.

Michael Irvin was another Crazy F. It is so easy to just keep going down the list, amazing. Name one crazy F on our current team...Maybe Sean Lee.

Oh, Vickers did have that one grab vs the Brown on 3rd down that we absolutely had to have.
  16. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,273 Messages
    479 Likes Received
    Vickers has been an enormous bust.
  17. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,281 Messages
    818 Likes Received
    "Warm tea drinking". :laugh2:
  18. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,459 Messages
    1,650 Likes Received
    Kinda dissed myself because I drink warm tea haha
  19. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Please tell me what rule from the CBA tells us that the Cowboys weren't allowed to practice full speed in pads during that session.

Thanks.
  20. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Is Vickers injured? Why the heck is he practicing then?

Yes, i think players should be allowed to go full contact in practice.

If you don't think they should.. maybe you'd prefer watching Dancing With The Stars?

***** ****** people.. now we're *****ing because guys are going "full contact" in practice? Are you kidding me?