1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Positive signs

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by AmberBeer, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,533 Messages
    1,304 Likes Received
    This team, with health, can have a deep playoff run...they look like they have fixed a lot of what is broken on both sides of the ball and on the sidelines...if healthy, the offense could be top 5 to 10, if the defense can stay on the field, they could be a top 5 to 10 unit, although I think we can expect some growing pains early in the season until they get used to the new scheme in actual game situations

looking forward to this season
  2. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Active Member

941 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Props for a quality post, dude. I see that happening with the team too. Garrett has had a learning curve, and he has made some boneheaded calls and had clock management issues. I think that's a combination of being green and wearing too many hats. I believe it will improve with Callahan doing the play calling.

I take issue with one, and only one, thing that you said. I don't believe it had been two decades since the Cowboys had accountability. It was certainly there under Parcells. He took a lousy team and built it up to a playoff-calibre one. It's a shame we let him get away. I believe Wade's early success was a result of Parcell's rebuilt team. Unfortunately, Wade was just not the kind of coach you need to instill discipline. I very much like and respect the man but I think he's a quality assistant coach, not a head coach.

I like that Garrett took head coaching advice from Jimmy Johnson.
  3. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,576 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    Yeah, I agree about the Parcells part. He did help in the accountability on the team. My post had gotten so long though that I just skipped over the few years he actually brought that and cheated by just going back to the end of Jimmy Johnson's time in Dallas. Big Bill did change the culture too, and like you... I think that Wade Phillips 13-3 season in 07 was a direct result of what Parcells had done in the years prior. I feel like the team was starting to lose its edge by the time the playoffs rolled around that year.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

76,269 Messages
    2,334 Likes Received
    What is the deal do some people just get off to raining on other peoples parades? If you think the team is bad and is not going to do anything well then great sit there and watch the games and be miserable but why is it others feel the need to come in and try to take the enjoyment away from others?

Fact is there are no experts here just people with opinion some positive some negative and no one knows how this season is going to play out
  5. sureletsrace

sureletsrace Official CZ Homer

1,959 Messages
    323 Likes Received
    If anyone out there does know how it's going to play out, mind telling me the winner of the Super Bowl and the score? I'd like to get my bets in when the line looks juicy. ;)
  6. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,752 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    Tap the brakes we're only in June we won't know if anything has been "fixed" until the regular season begins.
  7. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,140 Messages
    1,461 Likes Received
    What needs fixing? Romo is still the QB. The offensive line, the defense, special teams have nothing to do with winning. It's all on the QB, right?