1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Possible Boys 2013 #1 pick playing tonight

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by kirkjrk, Dec 20, 2012.

1. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,748 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    Agreed on Van Noy. Think he would fit our system if we happen to get him? Lee-Carter- Van Noy? Van Noy as a safety?
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,473 Messages
    8,376 Likes Received
    He's already on my pet cat list.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,393 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    08:17 AM ET 12.21 | By many accounts, Kyle Van Noy, the BYU linebacker who scored a pair of touchdowns, spiced up an otherwise dull bowl game Thursday night, which in a way clouds his own future. When [Van Noy] decided to take over the game at the start of the fourth quarter. At that point, BYU trailed 6-3 and had just blown its best scoring opportunity of the night. ... Van Noy ended the night with eight total tackles, three tackles for loss, two sacks, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery for a touchdown, an interception for a touchdown and -- just for good measure -- a blocked punt. And although it's too late to add Van Noy to any All-America teams, his name may have risen high enough among NFL scouts to make an early departure for the draft too good to pass up.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/357889-van-noy-now-more-likely-to-go-pro
  4. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,025 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    Can't say I've ever heard of the guy before this game so I'm obviously no expert, but I don't see him as a safety. He's pretty lanky, looks like he could put on 10 lbs of NFL weight no problem. That would make him 6'3 245 and a very versatile LB with adequate size.
  5. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,306 Messages
    4,842 Likes Received
    Kyle Van Noy has been on my pet-cat list also.

I have not rewatched the game in detail, but I will say that it appeared that San Deigo's offensive game play was to absolutely not let Ansah beat them. I saw more than one passing play where they had 3 Olinemen blocking Ansah and Zero blocking Van Noy.
  6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,393 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
    Further; scouts say based off the Poinsettia Bowl both Kyle Van Noy and Ziggy Ansah are 1st rounders...Brandon Brown/T a 3rd...
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
  7. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

1,016 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    He must of had a different camera angle on Ansah than I did. Yikes 1st RD?