1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible Boys 2013 #1 pick playing tonight

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by kirkjrk, Dec 20, 2012.

1. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

4,021 Messages
    374 Likes Received
    Agreed on Van Noy. Think he would fit our system if we happen to get him? Lee-Carter- Van Noy? Van Noy as a safety?

2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

33,320 Messages
    35,020 Likes Received
    He's already on my pet cat list.

3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

20,017 Messages
    6,521 Likes Received
    08:17 AM ET 12.21 | By many accounts, Kyle Van Noy, the BYU linebacker who scored a pair of touchdowns, spiced up an otherwise dull bowl game Thursday night, which in a way clouds his own future. When [Van Noy] decided to take over the game at the start of the fourth quarter. At that point, BYU trailed 6-3 and had just blown its best scoring opportunity of the night. ... Van Noy ended the night with eight total tackles, three tackles for loss, two sacks, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery for a touchdown, an interception for a touchdown and -- just for good measure -- a blocked punt. And although it's too late to add Van Noy to any All-America teams, his name may have risen high enough among NFL scouts to make an early departure for the draft too good to pass up.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/357889-van-noy-now-more-likely-to-go-pro

4. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

4,524 Messages
    1,566 Likes Received
    Can't say I've ever heard of the guy before this game so I'm obviously no expert, but I don't see him as a safety. He's pretty lanky, looks like he could put on 10 lbs of NFL weight no problem. That would make him 6'3 245 and a very versatile LB with adequate size.

5. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

23,115 Messages
    12,895 Likes Received
    Kyle Van Noy has been on my pet-cat list also.

I have not rewatched the game in detail, but I will say that it appeared that San Deigo's offensive game play was to absolutely not let Ansah beat them. I saw more than one passing play where they had 3 Olinemen blocking Ansah and Zero blocking Van Noy.

6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

20,017 Messages
    6,521 Likes Received
    Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
    Further; scouts say based off the Poinsettia Bowl both Kyle Van Noy and Ziggy Ansah are 1st rounders...Brandon Brown/T a 3rd...
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

7. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

1,931 Messages
    414 Likes Received
    He must of had a different camera angle on Ansah than I did. Yikes 1st RD?