1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Announcement: ***Post Game Thread***

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Sep 15, 2013.

1. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,105 Messages
    2,314 Likes Received
    I don't agree with the bolded porition. I think it's always a learning experience--especially with first time head coaches. If you want someone "young and hungry", there will be growing pains.

Having said that, it's year three. It's time to show something. If the Cowboys were to drop the next game to the Rams, I wouldn't be opposed to cutting bait with Garrett right then and there and seeing what it would take to get MNF to release Gruden from his contract. Maybe I'm overreacting. I probably am. But I've seen this movie before, if you know what I mean.
  2. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,653 Messages
    2,190 Likes Received
    Good old CZ
    despite a pathetic offensive performance the usual suspects are out in full force in Garrett's defense
  3. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,150 Messages
    2,673 Likes Received
    Dont worry, no amount of smoke and mirrors can save Garrett if we dont make the playoffs.

No more excues at this point.
  4. ScipioCowboy

15,105 Messages
    2,314 Likes Received
    You mean the Internet attracts people with wide and divergent opinions? Color me shocked.
  5. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,988 Messages
    952 Likes Received
    Garrett was unqualified to be an offensive coordinator, he didn't deserved that position to begin with, nor did he master it once he was there. You don't then further elevate an unqualified subordinate to a superior position and expect him to learn on the job.
  6. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    That chiefs drive said a lot. They wanted to pound it and finish the game, we played like we had one foot on the plane
  7. ScipioCowboy

15,105 Messages
    2,314 Likes Received
    It's tough to argue against the points you're making. I still say there's room for "on the job training" in the NFL, but I think Garrett has used up all his excess space.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,965 Messages
    1,856 Likes Received

I dunno - maybe it's just me - but if I'm a GM of an NFL football team, and I need a headcoach, I'm going to choose someone with at least SOME head coaching experience. This team especially doesn't have the time to see if we

Precisely.
    HeavyBarrel likes this.
  9. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,988 Messages
    952 Likes Received
    I agree, and in Garrett's defense, I think that he got a series of (mostly political) battlefield promotions and couldn't maintain pace with the incremental responsibility. Tough to learn at that rate. He might have been better served falling into Wilson's role for a few years and then making the step to OC. He's rich now and probably more risk adverse than hungry, IMO.
  10. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,458 Messages
    1,061 Likes Received
    I didn't get to watch the game. Sounds like a tough loss. how did spencer and waters look and did they play much?
  11. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,202 Messages
    1,887 Likes Received
    On the job training is fine in JAX, SD, Buff, etc, etc but not in big D. I thought that job was too big for him then and I still do. I still maintain that Garrett would make a better GM than a head coach. I wouldn't even mind him being our GM. Suffice it to say, he is history if this team under-performs again no matter what JJ tells us.
  12. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    Waters didnt play that much.

Spencer looked well overweight.
  13. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,458 Messages
    1,061 Likes Received
    Thanks hoof
    Sounds like they are not quite ready
  14. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    Waters will probably be ready soon.

Spencer, I dunno. He looked really heavy.
  15. TX_Yid

TX_Yid Well-Known Member

1,296 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    Spencer's run containment was abysmal.
  16. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    Spencer was also up to his inside move allowing the QB to slip outside
  17. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,994 Messages
    297 Likes Received
    absoluetly spot on post.............
  18. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,994 Messages
    297 Likes Received
    beacuse he's getting the ball on a play where his route calls him to stop, he should be running down the seam and stretching the D and forcing a lber to struggle in trailing him.
    Another player not being utilised correctly
  19. jdogg33

jdogg33 New Member

1 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    BINGO!! He is not good at throwing the crossing route where the receiver needs to keep momentum.
    He has never been good at this.
  20. dwight

dwight Well-Known Member

1,095 Messages
    249 Likes Received
    Some people think Spencer played great. I'm just wondering what game they were watching.