Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by DBoys, Apr 5, 2006.
I found a good one here:
Heh, when I saw the thread, that's the one I was thinking of. One of the few that actually has us taking Lawson.
Manny Lawson AND Jason Allen? I would LOVE that!
That would be pretty solid.
never going to happen jason allen will be gone in the early to middle first round.
You and me both!
If we got those two in the first two rounds, we could draft OL the rest of the draft. Hey, at least one has to hit...
Interesting, first time I've seen a mock suggesting Dallas may move up in round 1 to land Huff. Now that would be unreal ! ! ! ! !
That comment did knock their credibility back down. They were doing so good too with picking Lawson. Shame.
01. Hou Texans ~ RB Reggie Bush, USC
02. N.O. Saints ~ OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Virginia
03. Tenn Titans ~ QB Matt Leinart, USC
04. N.Y. Jets ~ DE Mario Williams, NC State
05. G.B. Packers ~ TE Vernon Davis, Maryland
06. S.F. 49ers ~ OLB AJ Hawk, Ohio State
07. Oak Raiders ~ QB Jay Cutler, Vanderbilt
08. Buff Bills ~ DT Haloti Ngata, Oregon
09. Det Lions ~ DB Michael Huff, Texas
10. Ariz Cardinals ~ QB Vince Young, Texas
11. STL Rams ~ DT Brodrick Bunkley, Florida State
12. Clev Browns ~ DE/OLB Kamerion Wimbley, Florida State
13. Balt Ravens ~ OT Winston Justice, USC
14. Phil Eagles ~ DB Jimmy Williams, VaTech
15. Den Broncos ~ WR Chad Jackson, Florida
16. Mia Dolphins ~ CB Tye Hill, Clemson
17. Minn Vikings ~ OLB Ernie Sims, Florida State
18. Dal Cowboys ~ DE/OLB Manny Lawson, NC State
19. S.D. Chargers ~ OT Marcus McNeill, Auburn
20. K.C. Chiefs ~ DE Tamba Hali, Penn State
21. N.E. Patriots ~ RB Laurence Maroney, Minnesota
22. Den Broncos ~ S Jason Allen, Tennessee
23. T.B. Bucs ~ WR Santonio Holmes, Ohio State
24. Cinn Bengals ~ DT Gabe Watson, Michigan
25. N.Y. Giants ~ LB Chad Greenway, Iowa
26. Chi Bears ~ OT Eric Winston, Miami
27. Car Panthers ~ OLB Bobby Carpenter, Ohio State
28. Jax Jaguars ~ RB DeAngelo Williams, Memphis
29. N.Y. Jets ~ RB LenDale White, USC
30. Indy Colts ~ CB Ashton Youboty, Ohio State
31. Sea Seahawks ~ CB Jonathan Joseph, South Carolina
32. Pitt Steelers ~ C Nick Mangold, Ohio State
Me too, my sig below has been saying that for a while now.
Yes it's improbable, but not impossible. Remember getting Witten in the 3rd round?
Allen also has a hip injury that I've heard concerns some as it was pretty serious. I think his availability will mostly depend on how many teams project him to play CB. If all teams project him to S, then there are a TON of good S's in this draft so he will slip due to that PLUS S's (FS's) by nature slip on draft day because CBs, QBs, Ts, and RBs are harder to find.
Lawson and Allen would be a dream draft for me with Joseph in the third (a versatile G/T combo player), with WR Jennings, LB Gocong, and DT Fifita on day 2. Now THAT would be a helluva draft.
Subject to change
I think we will end up trading down ....but I wouldn't be dissapointed if we ended up going this way .
This will be an exciting draft for us and Jeff Ireland...
Here are a couple more.