1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Post Sr Bowl Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by LatinMind, Jan 28, 2013.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,556 Messages
    1,548 Likes Received
    RD1 Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU
    RD2 Phillip Thomas S Fresno State
    RD3 Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern
    RD4 Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
    RD5 Justin Pugh G/T Syracuse
    RD6 Braxston Cave C ND
  2. Goldenrichards83

Goldenrichards83 Active Member

1,612 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I know we need online help but I would be very happy with this draft.
  3. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,608 Messages
    4,163 Likes Received
    RD1 Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU
    I like this player but the risk is too high at #18, IMO. Also, most teams expect to get a day-1 starter when picking in the top 20 with the exception of QB. I don't see Ansah being a day-1 starter.

RD2 Phillip Thomas S Fresno State
    OK. I would like to hear why you like him better than some of the other Safeties that are expected to be available around this pick. I'm having difficulty sorting out this position.

RD3 Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern
    The Kiffin style defenses usually have very quick DTs even at the 1-tech. BW is quick for his size, but at 341 lbs he is not as quick as some of the lighter weight guys. Having said that, if he dropped to R5 it might be worth seeing if he can play at a lighter weight.

RD4 Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
    It's impossible to predict a purely medical decision. He definitely has the talent. It helps that you don't have any other injury issue players in your draft.

RD5 Justin Pugh G/T Syracuse
    Arms are too short to project to OT. He is lightweight and this is made worse by the fact that he would be a tallish OG (6-5). Taller OGs need more weight to offset the leverage disadvantage.

RD6 Braxston Cave C ND
    He is an OK player, but he is very similar to what the Cowboys already have at Center (i.e. possible serviceable players but nothing special).
  4. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,184 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    Not a big fan of Ziggy. We have to fix the OL. One of the 1st two picks has to be an OL, that can start day 1. Even with Costa's one good game, we are weak at 4 of the 5 positions.

Give me:

Cooper or Floyd in the 1st
    S. Williams or Warford in the 2nd
    Thomas or Cryptein in the 3rd (Deep safety class, someone will drop)
    Franklin in the 4th ( I go with a durable productive back or a potential injury prone RB)
    BPA - 5th
    BPA - 6th

Improve the trenches and this team can move forward.
  5. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,556 Messages
    1,548 Likes Received
    Ansah would be a day 1 starter. Too talented not to be. Marinelli would be great for him.

Thomas just has the best overall game in college football. He knows how to make plays and get turnovers. But the best thing is he's NFL ready right now. Fresno state plays alot of straight up NFL type football. Started this way with Pat Hill.

Williams might be bigger, but the guy plays really light. He showed his quickness in the Sr bowl. But he wont be pressed to start. Rotation guy for now. He's from a lower college so im sure they dont have the type of fitness system and program that will be had in the nfl. He'll shed some baby fat.

Lattimore would be a risk but in the 4th it would be a good risk. If he's not hurt he's a top 15 pick.

Pugh will be a G in the nfl. He can lock on to a player, and plays with a mean streak. I like him in the interior.

Cave, interior is needed. 6th round is a good value for him. Id prefer Mathieu in the later rounds.