1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Post Your Worst Past Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dallasfaniac, Jan 15, 2008.

1. dallasfaniac

dallasfaniac Active Member

4,196 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I thought it would be interesting to show everyone's worst mock draft. This is mine, coming right after last season's miserable loss to Seattle. Obviously it changed drastically from January to April, but funny none the less. I have gone back and looked at others' mock drafts and they look just as silly for the most part. So, what's your worst?

2. dallasfaniac

4,196 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, if no one wants to post their own, perhaps I will take the initiative and post for them. :D

I will try to post last years mock for everyone that posts one this year. I think it's interesting how many people, myself included, will crow that we liked that 1 player when they do well in the NFL, but will fail to mention the other 12 studs we liked that either fail to make a roster or fail to make a contribution.

So, since Sasquatch has posted his 2008 v1.0 Mock draft this year, I will post his 2007 v1.0 Mock draft from last year. Sorry Sasquatch, had to start somewhere.

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,504 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    I'm very much a disciple of Larry Lacewell, obviously. :D

Or rather Rich McKay since the Falcons took Blalock and Gaddis.
  4. dallasfaniac

4,196 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Obviously until year 3 we won't know what will happen with most players. I've noticed that mock 1 is almost always the worst because you don't know which players are declaring, which ones are rising/falling, how the final draft order falls, the outcome of free agency, etc.

I only chose that one of yours because it was rev 1, the others were much better obviously.

We'll see how much more interesting things get when more people post their mocks and we get to compare this year to last. I know in years past I had a mock draft where not a person lasted in the NFL longer than 2 years. That draft I picked based upon potential and not necessarily production. Definite reaches.
  5. ayjackson

ayjackson New Member

208 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ross, Bradley and Patrick look like good picks. Moses.....well.....ahem.
  6. ayjackson

ayjackson New Member

208 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    seeing Sasquatch's craft makes me reluctant to search mine....some of those players sound like guys i may have liked.
  7. dallasfaniac

4,196 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    One of the players I was VERY high on as a sleeper was Mario Monds, who racked up 4 career tackles before being released by his 3rd team in 2006. Dude ate his way out of the NFL. Just thought I would give an example of a player I 'fell in love with' despite the news that kept surfacing.
  8. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,504 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    By all means, join the fun, don't be shy. :D
  9. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,782 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    I know I wanted Aaron Ross and Brian Robison....i dont recall who else I wanted
  10. cowboysfan31

cowboysfan31 Active Member

1,292 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    This was my first mock for last year and probably my worst:

11. dallasfaniac

4,196 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's funny how it turned out. Kyle Young goes undrafted but Sabby Piscitelli gets taken round 2. Kyle Young was another of those players I liked but ate himself out of a job leading up to the draft. I think he is now trying to get a job in the arena league.
  12. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    someone post mine from last year, I'm no good at Advanced Search, plus I'm lazy, k, thanks
  13. dallasfaniac

4,196 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ask and you shal receive. 2007 revision 1.0.

14. dallasfaniac

4,196 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So Bob Sacamano would have taken:

A WR in rd. 1 that had no catches because he never made it to a game.
    A FS in rd. 2 that did manage to get in 10 tackles on the year.
    A LB in rd. 3 that tallied 6 tackles.
    A CB in rd. 4 who finished with 25 tackles and 2 passes defensed.
    A TE in rd. 5 with no receptions; Gonzalez probably took them.
    A DE/OLB in rd. 6 that was cut after preseason, didn't see any other time in his next team.
    A QB in rd. 6 who is ugly as heck but actually made a roster.
    A OT in rd. 7 that went undrafted, signed and released faster than I could type this sentence.
    A WR in rd. 7 that caught 5 passes, but more importantly returned 30+ punts. Best pick of Bob's draft at this point.
    A FB in rd. 7 that plays arena football, even though he should be on someone's roster.

So it's easy to see that the first few mocks of the offseason are rather pathetic but funny none the less. Bob, feel free to rip my draft apart, lol.
  15. dallasfaniac

4,196 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I see that 5mics has his draft in his sig, so I will post his first draft from last year. He's got a couple nice players there, but I don't know how soon into the offseason it was which makes a huge difference it seems.

1. Reggie Nelson, FS, Florida (6-1 200)
    2. Tim Crowder, OLB, Texas (6-4 270)
    3. Steve Smith, WR, USC (6-1 200)
    4. Paul Soliai, NT, Utah (6-4 330)
    5. Anthony Arline, CB, Baylor (6-2 200)
    6a. Kasey Studdard, OC, Texas (6-3 305)
    6b. C.J. Wilson, CB, Baylor (6-1 195)
    6c. Justin Medlock, PK, UCLA (6-0 200)
    7a. Matt Gutierrez, QB, Idaho St. (6-4 230)
    7b. Tala Esera, OG, Hawaii (6-3 315)
    7c. Ramonce Taylor, RB/WR, Texas (5-11 200)
  16. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    hey, at least we would have had great kick-coverage if my draft went down :D

idk, just reaching lol
  17. dallasfaniac

4,196 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Couldn't find locked&loaded v.1 from last year, but here is v.2

1)marshawn lynch-RB- a elusive back with good hands, that shakes of tackles.

2)Jared Gaither-OT- huge wall of a man, hes very raw but could be the anchor of our line for years to come. very athletic and didnt give up a sack in 500+ starts.

3) Victor Abiramiri-OLB- i doubt he will fall this far but i havent heard much mention of his name. i think this guy could slip past the scouts and right into our hands. he has a nose for the qb.

4)Travarous Bain-CB- he has alright size at 6' and pretty good speed. also could return punts or kicks.

5)Ryan Moore-WR- has all the physical tools, had a few altercations during the season.

6)Kasey steddard-OG- could play center or guard, a great run blocker and has a mean streak to go with it.

7th bpA
  18. dallasfaniac

4,196 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Should probably rename the thread "Last years mocks" so it doesn't look like I am downing everyone's mocks.

I think it may show a trend. For instance, locked&loaded's mock drew a comment about players not falling that low. Last year's mock met with the same comments.