1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Power Back On, Thanks for the PM's

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SDogo, Apr 28, 2011.

1. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,899 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I know this is not the right place for this but I had several PM's from concerned people and I wanted to updated everyone and let them know we came out of the storm better for the most part.

We just got power back on, it went off about midnight but we are some of the lucky one's around here. I have a trampoline in my back yard that belongs to a family about 2 miles down the road, some damage to the house and roof that will probably need repaired today but for the most part we were lucky.

I lost a lot of time on draft stuff but it was hardly my concern for more then a few hours last night. Hopefully I'll get back up and running soon but it looks like I have some cleanup and inspection to do first.

Thanks to everyone who had kind words and prayers last night and I hope everyone else that was in the path of this storm has come out safe.

2. Trace1015

Trace1015 Member

419 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    So glad your ok i was just wondering about u

3. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

2,287 Messages
    575 Likes Received
    Glad you are doing okay this morning...hopefully the worst has passed.

4. wesleyc288

wesleyc288 Believer

726 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I'm thankful that you and the family are ok. Thanks for keeping us updated

5. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,229 Messages
    260 Likes Received
    :starspin
    SDogo sure glad you and family are ok......:starspin

6. casmith07

casmith07 Attorney-at-Zone

30,058 Messages
    5,750 Likes Received
    Thanks for the update man...glad to hear you all made it out okay.

7. hendog

hendog Well-Known Member

2,409 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    So glag to hear that you and your famliy are ok. Had a pretty tense night here in Western N.C. as well. Now - to heck with that cleanup - we need to hear what ya got! :D

8. acheman

acheman Member

975 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Where do you live SDogo? I'm in upper East TN! We got hit pretty hard, but not like Alabama!!! Prayers with you and glad you're safe!!

9. Hostile

Hostile The Duke

119,451 Messages
    3,849 Likes Received
    Glad you are all right. I talked to my aunt this morning. She said 3 different tornadoes all came within a 1/4 of a mile from her and they got some debris in the front yard but they all missed her. She said one of them was coming right at her and she could not move but it shifted.

10. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Glad you are ok. That sucker rolled through Nashville yesterday and spun off a few tornadoes. We seem to have done ok but others weren't as fortunate.

But glad to hear you are good.

11. wesleyc288

wesleyc288 Believer

726 Messages
    4 Likes Received

Talk about feeling helpless......

There is nothing you can do in that situation, i would be terrified. Thank god she is ok!

12. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,173 Messages
    178 Likes Received
    ditto buddy, feel better now that your ok, dont worry about the draft stuff, take care of yourself, and your family, home first

:starspin

13. Duane

Duane Well-Known Member

6,937 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    Glad you're ok man.

14. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,173 Messages
    178 Likes Received
    the LORD takes care of his own, :starspin

15. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,899 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I apologize guys, I'm not likely to get a mock or much of anything out today. Internet is up and down and after driving to the next town over where I have friends I feel like I need to get over there and help out. They were not nearly as lucky as we were.

At one point last night I had the family hunkered down in a little room in the middle of the house with bed mattresses surrounding us for about 2 hours in the pitch dark. The sounds were horrific.

Kind of puts things into perspective and while I'll be home to enjoy the draft tonight right now smoke screens and rumors are way down on the scale on importance when you consider what my friends are neighbors are dealing with.

I appreciate the support and prayers.

Keep the site updated, I'll be checking in from my phone now and then and if something really good comes up save me some time and send a PM! lol :starspin

16. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

85,942 Messages
    8,612 Likes Received
    Glad to hear you weathered the storm

17. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    Glad to see your alright...

18. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

8,332 Messages
    1,592 Likes Received
    Glad to hear you're ok man. Draft takes a backseat to this.

19. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

36,499 Messages
    4,260 Likes Received
    That bad weather is coming into NY today. It literally could take a backseat. :laugh2:

20. hendog

hendog Well-Known Member

2,409 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    I hope you realize i was just joking wth you! Friends and family and their safety should be all our priority at all times.
    I actually had my house ripped apart by a tornado in 1977 so I know what people are going through. Terrible, terrible situation.
    My sister could have easily lost her life in that one. She went to the sliding glass door to see what she must have thought was a train coming through the yard and it sucked her out through the door. She came out of it pretty well all things considered. For years she would get pretty upset when a bad storm rolled through. So glad to hear you and your family are safe.