1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pre-Draft Press Conference... Recap Post #50

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by StevenOtero, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,335 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Great recap, thanks man.
  2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Is it me or did Jerry flat out say Melvin Ingram was too short? :lmao2: :lmao: :laugh2:
  3. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

4,283 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    Clears up a lot about what is going on.
    Thanks for the detailed recap.
  4. utrunner07

utrunner07 Well-Known Member

9,012 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    Unless Jerry gives them the free pass...

Once again this team is a joke and a circus...and as another poster pointed out a walking mouth of cliches (which are never backed up with actions).
  5. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I doubtful you'll see me back into full time recapping because other than drafts or new coaching hires there's really not much worth recapping.

I mostly liked recapping Parcells PCs because they were interesting to me. He was a good story teller. He wasn't afraid to pull back the curtain and give an honest critique of a player. People can make fun of him because he got a man crush on Willie Blade or Daleroy Stewart, but the nature of the salary cap era NFL is sometimes you just have to go with your gut and go with unheralded and unproven players. Nobody is building the 76 Steelers or 93 Cowboys roster these days. Sometimes these players let you down or don't meet your expectations. It happens to every coach in the NFL, at least Parcells had the stones to put his name on it. He was also easy to type up while listening because he concisely conveyed information. His narratives went from Point A to a Point B. Jerry is a nightmare to recap because he's the opposite of Parcells ... he starts out at Point A, then detours into Point D, then meanders over to Point N, then loops back over to Point G and then finally gets to Point B only after the "Where was I going with this?" lightbulb moment comes on. I could type up word for word what Jerry types and it's completely incoherent. I often times find myself having to paraphrase what I thought he meant, but then I'm puttting my own words into his mouth with my own biases.

I wasn't particularly compelled by Wade's PCs because there was too much sunshine pumping and he rarely said anything but glowing positives about everybody and everything. Garrett isn't much fun to recap because he rapid fires a bunch of cliches faster than I can type, and the end product isn't particularly informative or insightful.

The nice thing is DC.com archives all of this video and audio on their website, so no one has to depend on me.
  6. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,267 Messages
    485 Likes Received
    IR = my favorite poster
    Naw. Victor Butler is only 6'2" so I don't know if OLB is the position he's referring to.

I know we love huge TE's and DE's. Seems like all our acquisitions in recent years at those positions have been 6'4", 6'5"+.
  7. pancakeman

pancakeman Well-Known Member

1,880 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    I know it's been said but I have to say it too: great job on the recap. Sincere thanks, InmanRoshi! :bow:
  8. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,648 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Yes, a million thanks IR for this recap, it is truly appreciated!:)
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,481 Messages
    8,380 Likes Received
    Don't look now, boys. We're about 24 hours away.

I've been trying really hard not to get too excited. Because I'm often left disappointed in our eventual class. But it's hard. The future stars of tomorrow are for the taking this week and we've got as good a shot as anyone at them.
  10. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,311 Messages
    1,577 Likes Received
    DeCastro, please!

I read from some experts (so called) that say he is as ready for starting in the NFL as any other player (was it Zimmerman for the Colsts?).

But, it was also said the he plays with a "mean streak" all the time. To me, that is what we need on offense....actually with the whole team.
  11. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,155 Messages
    4,341 Likes Received
    Great job! Thanks IR.
  12. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Could not agree more. I used to log on every day during training camps to get IR's recaps. He does a fantastic job. Much appreciated.
  13. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,745 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    Now you know why I have been so high on him.
  14. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    :bang2:
  15. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,749 Messages
    2,401 Likes Received
    Dude, you have "Romo will not be starting in 2014" in you sig, are you freaking high?

Who is going to beat him out, Orton?

:laugh2:
  16. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,513 Messages
    716 Likes Received

I always enjoy hearing these types of things about players and coaches. It gives so much insight in to their lives (or lack their of, really)

Marc Colombo added in his press conference that he was excited for the future of the team under Garrett.

For all the flak that Jerry gets he really did Marc a solid there by doing the PC w/ Colombo to make it official.
  17. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Totally agree. Marc really did work his butt off the entire time he was here and was a great leader by example guy. I don't think there's a single fan that isn't happy that he was recognized for how much he meant to the team in the relatively short time he wore the star.
  18. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,790 Messages
    5,198 Likes Received
    You got to love that story about Jason from Marc. I'm puting all my faith in the future with him.