Pre TC division thoughts

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jazzcat22, Jul 16, 2017.

1. RoboQB

RoboQB Well-Known Member

1,531 Messages
    1,522 Likes Received
    You got 3 out of 4 right.
    In school, that's a passing grade... but you can do better.
    The Eagles line doesn't sniff the top 5. Their best players are on the decline.
    Dallas has three perennial Pro Bowlers. Two of them are 1st team Alll-Pro.

2. Jinxx13x

Jinxx13x Well-Known Member

3,466 Messages
    6,540 Likes Received
    Here Are my thoughts:

Totally Amped About this season:

1) Super excited to see Jaylon Smith and Lee On the Field Together !
    2) Cant wait to see our new secondary and there aggressiveness
    3) Sick of Playing the Giants Opening Day when we are missing players they always catch a break on the first game ( but this is our Players fault )
    4) If Zeke gets suspended it will amplify number 3 and really disappoint me.
    5) Cannot wait to see Switzer and Beasley together will hopefully be a nightmare for opposing D's
    6) I Really do Hope Gathers improved enough to get on the field and make an impact.
    7) And of course i really hope there will be no major injuries but this goes without saying !

8) Giants are a solid team so i am interested to see how they start out as well since they did not address there O-Line or The RB position but they will be tough this year for sure

Thats about where i am at the moment !

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    Trouty and LocimusPrime like this.
  3. Boys#1 95

Boys#1 95 Well-Known Member

1,310 Messages
    1,009 Likes Received

TWEET 2 LINKEDIN 2 COMMENTEMAILMORE
    NFL rosters are essentially set until training camps open later this month. In the meantime, USA TODAY Sports has analyzed each team's depth chart and is ranking units throughout the league.

Today's positional group: Offensive linemen

1. Dallas Cowboys: When a greenhorn backfield brings home a rookie of the year award along with a rushing title, the "supporting cast" must be special. QB Dak Prescott and RB Ezekiel Elliott readily admit their 2016 success was enabled by a front regarded as the NFL's best for several seasons. Any unit featuring three all-pros (LT Tyron Smith, RG Zack Martin, C Travis Frederick) is, by definition, elite. But Dallas' hold on the top spot appears tenuous after LG Ron Leary left in free agency, and RT Doug Free retired. La'El Collins struggled inside last year and must prove he can be an NFL tackle, while new LG Chaz Green has played sparingly.

2. Tennessee Titans: RT Jack Conklin mauled his way to all-pro honors as a rookie. He and equally chippy Taylor Lewan could be the league's top tackle tandem for the next decade. Given the way Tennessee ran the ball down opponents' throats in 2016, the continued cohesion with QB Marcus Mariota and maintained continuity, this quintet seems poised to overtake Dallas.

MORE COVERAGE:

.oembed-asset-link { border-bottom: 1px solid #e1e1e1; } .oembed-link-anchor { display: block; clear: both; } p.oembed-link-desc { font-size: 100%; color: #666; font-weight: normal; margin: 0 14px 14px 14px; font-family: 'Futura Today Light'; text-align: left; line-height: 120%; }
    2017 NFL position group rankings for every team

.oembed-asset-link { border-bottom: 1px solid #e1e1e1; } .oembed-link-anchor { display: block; clear: both; } p.oembed-link-desc { font-size: 100%; color: #666; font-weight: normal; margin: 0 14px 14px 14px; font-family: 'Futura Today Light'; text-align: left; line-height: 120%; }
    Ranking NFL defensive linemen by team: Have J.J. Watt's Texans been overtaken?

3. Oakland Raiders: Though QB Derek Carr's broken leg scuttled Oakland's hopes in 2016, don't forget his line allowed the fewest sacks (18) in the league. There's a question at right tackle heading into camp, but is there any interior trio better than C Rodney Hudson and Gs Gabe Jackson and Kelechi Osemele?

4. Philadelphia Eagles: Perhaps the telling stat of the Eagles' 2016 season was their 5-1 record when RT Lane Johnson played vs. a 2-8 mark during his suspension. Johnson's presence also had a notable effect on QB Carson Wentz's play. C Jason Kelce must prove he hasn't become the weak link, but Philly looks formidable assuming good health and behavior from its front five.

4. LocimusPrime

LocimusPrime Well-Known Member

10,087 Messages
    23,610 Likes Received
    Trouty and Verdict like this.
  5. RoboQB

RoboQB Well-Known Member

1,531 Messages
    1,522 Likes Received

All that tells me is that you read the USA Today and believe them to be expert geniuses. Do you really think the return
    of "The Great" Lane Johnson is the sole reason for their late season turnaround? The 4th best line has a Center that
    "must prove he hasn't become the weak link"?

Young fella, information is great to have but you must learn how to sift through the bs. I'm sure you can find several
    offensive lines that warrant a ranking higher than the one in Philadelphia.

6. Jstopper

Jstopper Well-Known Member

2,595 Messages
    3,226 Likes Received

You meant three of them are 1st team Allpro

Trouty and RoboQB like this.
  7. RoboQB

RoboQB Well-Known Member

1,531 Messages
    1,522 Likes Received
    Thank you for the correction. I couldn't remember if Fred beard made it or not.

Jstopper likes this.
  8. BermyStar

BermyStar Well-Known Member

305 Messages
    312 Likes Received
    You must have missed the Wentz jersey he has on.

Trouty likes this.
  9. StarOfGlory

StarOfGlory Active Member

365 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    That will change this season.

10. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

19,274 Messages
    11,108 Likes Received
    Back to back winning seasons and back to back NFCE winners.
    Next stop...NFCCG, then the SB, all this year.

StarOfGlory likes this.
  11. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Well-Known Member

2,216 Messages
    2,455 Likes Received
    Not sure if Lombardi and Landry working together could've squeezed 9-7 out of Cassel, Weeden, and Moore, in 2015.

jazzcat22 likes this.
  12. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

6,566 Messages
    2,081 Likes Received

No. He wears it daily. How could anyone miss it?

BermyStar likes this.