1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Predict the regular season record for the Dallas Cowboys

Discussion in 'CZ Announcement Zone' started by Reality, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,061 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    Do you have a link to last season's prediction poll / thread? I think that I whiffed like most others but can't remember the exact prediction.
  2. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I think Garrett's attention to detail will pay dividends early in the season, while other teams try to work out kinks and find an identity. The bye week works into our favor for the first time in forever. It isn't to early and it isn't to late to disrupt any groove we may get into. I see us going at least 4-2 in our division and possibly sweeping. Overall, my prediction is 11-5.
  3. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Everyone knows the offense can score points but I think the defense is going to be surprisingly good. Ryan's never had a toy like Ware before.

Went with 13-3
  4. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,126 Messages
    902 Likes Received
    9-7.

We'll go into the last week with an outside shot at a playoff spot, but things won't quite work out.

Continuity on the OL matters - they'll be okay this year, but there wiill be mistakes. Next year, watch out!

Also, we're a year and a draft away from running Rob's defense the way it's meant to be run.
  5. Dhragon

Dhragon Deadly Claws of Death

1,321 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    LOL, I'll go the safe route and predict 10-6.
  6. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,255 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    I see a lot of the cave dwellers aren't making a prediction. Scared to be on record?
  7. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,046 Messages
    790 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  8. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,212 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    10 wins seems about right to me.
  9. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Well I guess we will go 9-7 in 2005.

In 2011 however? I'm going 9-7 aswell ironically. I'm pretty much stuck between 8-8, 9-7 or 10-6. So I went in the middle. I believe we are a younger team than last year, but also a better team. Our coaching has to be improved and with Romo now 31, he is probably feeling some urgency to get to the big game. Every franchise QB wants to win a lombardi trophy, and Romo is no different.
  10. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,565 Messages
    996 Likes Received
    10-6

This is probably the hardest year to figure out in recent memory. All of those rookies on the OL make it difficult to predict the offense, and we'll just have to wait and see if Rob Ryan can improve was is essentially the same defense we had a year ago that gave up all of those points.
  11. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,061 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    It would be interesting to see everybody's predictions from last year too, but they seem to be NLA.
  12. DoomsDayD

DoomsDayD Well-Known Member

1,672 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    Sorry but i have to say 7-9. The secondary really scares me along with the O-Line. I am just a pessimist until proven wrong..which i hope i am.
  13. poke

poke the older I get the better I was

2,574 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    i say 9-7.

i usually go a little more optimistic but trying to be realistic.

improving by 3 wins is nothing to sneeze at, especially after a year where you had no offseason and added a new defensive coordinator.

as usual, injuries can also play a role so dont chisel it in stone.

the thing is, if you are good enough to win 9 games in the NFL, with a few breaks and the right attitude its always possible to win a game or two you might not should have won so theres always reason to hope.
  14. sacowboysfan513

sacowboysfan513 Well-Known Member

1,969 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    11-5 and 2 playoff wins
  15. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    9-7 and make the playoffs. :star:
  16. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    9-7, but only because of the powder-puff schedule.
  17. MS17

MS17 Member

426 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    9-7. Looking forward to the season, and it's going to be interesting come December.
  18. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,262 Messages
    889 Likes Received
    I predicted 9-7.
  19. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,868 Messages
    972 Likes Received
    pessimist or the mind winning out over the heart? the 'boys have personnel/depth issues all over the place; hard to see this thing playing out better than 7-9 or 8-8.
  20. Yuma Cactus

Yuma Cactus Active Member

707 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    10-6 Wildcard.