1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Predicting the outcome of every game of the Dallas Cowboys' 2013 schedule

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dcstands4, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcstands4

dcstands4 Active Member

652 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    This is a good read especially since we start 4-0 but what happens is what happens every year. #epiccollapse

[IMG]
    Sept. 8 vs. New York Giants: Win (1-0). As always, there will be a lot of hype going into this one. At this point, the majority of the Cowboys roster is near full health and they turn in an impressive showing, defeating the Giants for the first time in five tries at Cowboys Stadium.

[IMG]

Sept. 15 at Kansas City Chiefs: Win. The Cowboys defense stuffs the box to stop Kansas City running back Jamaal Charles, encouraging quarterback Alex Smith to beat them with his arm. He doesn’t.

[IMG]

Sept. 22 vs. St. Louis Rams: Win (3-0). DeMarco Murray ran for 253 yards the last time these teams played. St. Louis will be keying on him. Tony Romo and the Cowboys receivers provide the majority of the offense in a shootout victory.

Full article: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...-2013-schedule.ece?ssimg=1092426#ssTop1092472
  2. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,594 Messages
    3,337 Likes Received
    Looks like we just need to make one of those losses a win esp a division game say maybe the second Giants one.
  3. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,828 Messages
    1,447 Likes Received
    I try to see both sides of the coin and not be a homer. But I could very well see two more wins in that season. The Bears game when people run the right routes, and the first eagles game. They (the Eagles) may end up having a high powered offense, but they will need another draft to acquire the right components.

I'm still not certain yet about this team and would like to see them in pre-season before casting my vote for the record this year.

But if the team stays relatively healthy and the offensive line can actually play about middle of the road, with the weapons this team has, 11-5 is as likely as 9-7.

Don't get giddy girls because I suggested they might win the east - and do so going away. I still reserve the right to change that after I see this defense play.
    FLcowboy likes this.
  4. jzcowboy

jzcowboy Active Member

924 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    I would think either the Saints or Bears game is a win and the Packers defense still stinks along with a depleted receiving corps and that is a win. I say we're 10-6 minimum with a strong possibility for 11-5.
    FLcowboy likes this.
  5. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,338 Messages
    470 Likes Received
    I can see the season playing out this way but hopefully we can beat the Bears and/or Saints.
  6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,119 Messages
    519 Likes Received
    I don't see us splitting the division like that. If Frederick shows any help, we could sweep the Giants and maybe Philly. Add in that I think we can take either Denver or Chicago. Denver doesn't scare me all that much.
  7. dcstands4

dcstands4 Active Member

652 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    The Bears and Chargers own us, i'd be happy with 9-7 cuz I think that will win the east again. In the NFC East no one has gotten significantly better. Depending on how JPP shoulder is N.Y. may have gotten worst.
  8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,119 Messages
    519 Likes Received
    I don't see how the Chargers would own us. That team looks like a team in decline.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,807 Messages
    2,077 Likes Received
    I have never been one to predict each game over the course of the season before the season even begins I will just say I expect the Cowboys to win at least 10 games on the season.
  10. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Well-Known Member

854 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    A win over the Bears is a huge possibility, and an additional win over the Eagles or Giants is possible as well.
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,614 Messages
    2,005 Likes Received
    Some of those losses could be wins, but several of those wins could also be losses.
    That schedule has very few breathers.

In any case, traing camp is right around the corner!
  12. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

8,652 Messages
    1,139 Likes Received
    I can accept the split with the Giants and Redskins. But not the Eagles. I don't see the Bears D improving, and think we can win that game. The Saints, that can go either way. Brees if like the article said, a hot Saints team...come on, maybe a hot Brees and offense. But the saints having a bad defense, and they think Ryan's convoluted hard to learn scheme can stop Romo and Bryant...we can take that game.
    The rest I can see. Even id the Bears or Saints beat us, only because of road games. The Packers still struggle in Dallas, no matter who the QB is. And how will their defense be?

I say this could and should be 10-6 or 11-5. A far stretch [with a touch of homerism maybe??? LOL] 12-4. But one of those wins could be as easy to be a loss. Like Minnesota or SD, or a surprise KC and being a road game.

so back to my 10-6 or 11-5....make the playoffs, winning the Division.
  13. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,588 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    8-8.

And lose the final game of the year in a win and you're in scenario. Oh, wait.
  14. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,594 Messages
    3,337 Likes Received
    They aren't likely to lose all those leads again but who knows.
  15. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,763 Messages
    1,188 Likes Received
    Two years ago I predicted 8 wins, last year I had 7 so I was off by one. This year I'll go to 9 wins.
  16. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,291 Messages
    377 Likes Received
    I'm sticking with 11-5...
  17. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,445 Messages
    1,262 Likes Received
    14-2 or 13-3, first round bye
  18. EGTuna

EGTuna Member

370 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    This is an average team. If all the breaks go right (e.g., they win more than the avg 1-TD games like the Colts did last year going 9-1 in 1-TD games) then they could get to 10-6. But they could also be 6-10 if they win less than the avg 1-TD games.

Dallas had a -24 point differential, and historically no single stat is a more accurate predictor than point differential the previous season. Based on the -24, they are a 7-8 win team. Maybe increased health and the development of younger players leads to more wins. I certainly hope so, but am not very optimistic. Players don't get healthier as they age, and there's not a lot of youth on the DL.

Looking at their division, the Skins are better, and the Giants are either just as good or better (certainly are a better run org). Philly is a total question mark, but based on a cursory review of the talent, I'll give the edge to Dallas.

Regarding the rest of the NFC, the Cowboys are looking up at SF, Sea, ATL, GB, NO for sure. And you could argue that Chicago is better (hard to say, as that team seems as averagely schizo as Dallas).

I see a 7-9 team that will hopefully have another good offseason of talent acquisition and player development to compete with the Seattles, SFs, Wash and ATLs in 2014.
  19. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,179 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    We can go as bad as 6-10 or good as 14-2.. Just depends on how fast the secondary and O-line gels and if we stay healthy.
  20. Cogan

Cogan Active Member

1,482 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    That is why they predict a win.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.