1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Prediction (blank) is a project, but will pay huge dividends as a pass rusher.

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by MissionCoach, Apr 25, 2012.

1. MissionCoach

MissionCoach Active Member

838 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    This was listed in one of the 2010 scouting reports about JPP:

"I read When scouting Pierre-Paul you must look at the athleticism and potential and look past the raw technique. He is definitely a project, but one that will pay huge dividends."

As has been stated many times overy, the Cowboys must put more pressure on the opposing QB. We need at least 1, if not 2, legitimate pass rushers to compliment D-Ware. I was green with envy watching the gnats 3-headed pass rush last season, and would love to see the Cowboys go in the same direction, and address this area in the draft if possible,

Is there another JPP in the 2012 draft? Maybe even a late round hidden gem?

What's your prediction? Fill in the blank...

(Blank) is definitely a project, but one that will pay huge dividends as a pass rusher.
  2. sureletsrace

sureletsrace Official CZ Homer

2,075 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Brockers.

*ducks* ;)
  3. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,043 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    The best project player in this draft is certainly Bruce Irvin. I couldn't tell you if he'll pan out, because that's the very nature of a project -- you just can't tell.
  4. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Brockers isn't my favorite at 14 for the Cowboys, but I'm not one of those who is completely against him. Some see him as being another Spears, at best. I think he has more upside, limited though his experience has been.

I've seen comparisons to Richard Seymour. Seymour was a top-10 pick in 2001 (sixth overall) by the New England Patriots. His size (6'6", 310 ). Brockers, listed at 6'6", 322, is much more raw, but has explosive quickness off the snap and no injuries to speak of. Young, athletic but raw, and trainable. Seems he would qualify in answer to the opening question.

And like theogt says, Bruce Irvin is another strong candidate.
  5. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,597 Messages
    562 Likes Received

I agree.

Not a pass rusher but, I also think that Jenoris Jenkins is going to end up being one hell of a player and the steal of the draft.
  6. poost

poost Active Member

705 Messages
    186 Likes Received
    So is Brockers the DL equivalent to Tyron? If so then I wouldn't be sad drafting him at 14.
  7. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bruce Irvin, and anybody mentioning Brockers is high. Brockers could play for 10 years and not rack up 10 sacks.
  8. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This must be a bad high I'm on then ... no euphoric buzz to speak of. ;)

I'm not a huge Brockers fan, per se, but I can see upside potential in a young, raw-but-talented player. The definition of a project player — not that I am in any way a proponent of taking a project player in the 1st. I've always felt a 1st Round pick should be NFL ready, plug-n-play capable.
  9. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,468 Messages
    838 Likes Received
    Chandler Jones