1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Premature E-Mock-u-lation

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Oh_Canada, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,016 Messages
    551 Likes Received
    Ok season ends today, Cowboys have the 13th pick or something like that.

I focus all of my FA$ on two guys: Jarius Byrd and Greg Jennings.

I am re-signing Spencer on either a four year or franchising him again. Jenkins is a goner, along with Coleman.

Leaves the team with the ability to focus mainly on the pass rush and the oline.

Draft wise, I look to trade down and with the 'Boys drafting 13th it may open the door for a team looking to move up to get a QB if one should fall. However since we have zero idea of who finishes where I will resist the temptation:

1.Damontre Moore, OLB-Guy is a beast off the edge and by all accounts a real leader with a high IQ. Let's face it DWare has a history of neck issues and as the TExans have proved you can never have enough pass rushers.

2.Sheldon Richardson, DE-I am not sure if this guy lasts until early second rd, but if he does JJ should be all OVER him. Awesome motor, a little swaggar and a toughness lacking in the front seven currently.

3.Omoregie Uzzi, G-Underrated player who will thrive in Callahan's scheme.

4.Stepfan Taylor, RB-I banking on this kid dropping a bit because rb's have lost value overall and he doesn't wow you in any one part of the game...but what he is, is just a good football player.

5.Kyle Long, OT-Developmental guy with football in his blood. Talent is there, and if Callahan can coax it out of him he will be a starter and a good one at that.

6.Eric Gordon, CB-Can return kicks and has potential as a CB.
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,556 Messages
    1,421 Likes Received
    I love pick #1. Pick number 2 comes off the board top 25 so I dont see it happening.
  3. Oh_Canada

6,016 Messages
    551 Likes Received
    Yeah, Richardson's a stretch I concede.
  4. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,422 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    I love the idea of Byrd.
    I want Loadholt, Byrd, and Terrence Knighton.

Jennings is going to want big money and coming off a injury year, I dont want to pay him big money.

We need to look at atleast one free agent OL this offseason. Loadholt would be a great addition IMO. Levitre would also be a great add but this draft is loaded with OGs which I think could move in and start day one.

I dont understand signing Spencer long term if we draft Moore. I can see franchising him again but not long term if we keep the 3-4.

Now I would love to see us draft Moore and resign Spencer long term and move the defense to a 4-3.

Defense would look like
    Moore, Ratliff, Knighton, Ware
    Spencer, Lee, Carter
    Carr, Church/Sensy, Byrd, Claiborne
  5. Oh_Canada

6,016 Messages
    551 Likes Received
    I think franchising Spencer is the move if they get a guy like Moore in the first.
    Didn't know Levitre is an FA, he would make a great addition. Perfect fit for Callahan's scheme.
  6. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,050 Messages
    5,388 Likes Received
    I focus all of my FA$ on two guys: Jarius Byrd and Greg Jennings.
    The Cowboys really need to do something at WR. I would love it if they signed Jennings, but it will be super expensive and he will be 30 at the beginning of next season.

Byrd would be an upgrade. I don't know how expensive he would be.

I am re-signing Spencer on either a four year or franchising him again. Jenkins is a goner, along with Coleman.
    Yes, just Franchise Spencer again.

I'll believe it when I see with regards Coleman being gone. Rob Ryan loves the guy. Spears will be gone before Coleman, IMO. Regardless, they need to get a pass rushing DE (5-technique).

Leaves the team with the ability to focus mainly on the pass rush and the oline.

Draft wise, I look to trade down and with the 'Boys drafting 13th it may open the door for a team looking to move up to get a QB if one should fall. However since we have zero idea of who finishes where I will resist the temptation:

1.Damontre Moore, OLB-Guy is a beast off the edge and by all accounts a real leader with a high IQ. Let's face it DWare has a history of neck issues and as the TExans have proved you can never have enough pass rushers.
    This would be an excellent pick if he were available at #13. Most projections have him as the top DE/OLB prospect and a top 10 or even top 5 pick.

In addition to being an excellent pass rusher, he can play the run and has experience in coverage.

2.Sheldon Richardson, DE-I am not sure if this guy lasts until early second rd, but if he does JJ should be all OVER him. Awesome motor, a little swaggar and a toughness lacking in the front seven currently.
    The only possibility I see of him falling to the 2nd round is if they find some negative character issues.

He might be the best prospect to play 3-4 DE for the Cowboys; although, he is a little shorter than preferred.

3.Omoregie Uzzi, G-Underrated player who will thrive in Callahan's scheme.
    I strongly disagree with this pick. Uzzi looks terrible to me. He is on the ground more than any OLineman that I've ever seen. I counted him being on the ground in 19 out of 20 consecutive plays in one game.

4.Stepfan Taylor, RB-I banking on this kid dropping a bit because rb's have lost value overall and he doesn't wow you in any one part of the game...but what he is, is just a good football player.
    Ok.

5.Kyle Long, OT-Developmental guy with football in his blood. Talent is there, and if Callahan can coax it out of him he will be a starter and a good one at that.
    Ok.

6.Eric Gordon, CB-Can return kicks and has potential as a CB.
    Ok.
  7. Tezz

Tezz Active Member

378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    I highly doubt the Bills will let Jarius Byrd walk, he is the team's top priority and is regarded as one of the better safeties in the league. Byrd could be looking to top Eric Weddle's contract come off-season, which would be a lot of $$$
  8. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,289 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    I'd love Moore in 1. Depends on how the team ends up. He may be gone.

I'd shoot for Andy Levitre in free agency.

1. Damontre Moore, OLB, Texas A&M
    2. Barrett Jones, C/G, Alabama
    3. Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State
    4. Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
    5. Chris Harper, WR, Kansas State
    6. Kyle Long, OT, Oregon
  9. Oh_Canada

6,016 Messages
    551 Likes Received
    I like Jones plenty as well with that fourth rd pick.
  10. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,480 Messages
    648 Likes Received
    Damontre Moore said he plans on returning to school for his senior year, but it'd be great if he doesn't and we can draft him.
  11. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,472 Messages
    174 Likes Received

I would bet money Barrett Jones goes in the first round top 20.
  12. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,782 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    The title of this thread is MONEY!!!

BTW, instead of Stepfan Taylor, what about Barner from Oregon?
  13. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,472 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    Barner will go earlier than the 4th round.
  14. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,289 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    He probably goes late 1, but who knows? Lots can change between now and then. Depends on who comes out, etc. I've been seeing him ranked lower than that on a lot of rankings.

Also might be a good year to move back up into the bottom of 1 from 2 and grab a guy if there is value there.
  15. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,782 Messages
    128 Likes Received

actually i feel like a goober.....i forgot that Stepfan was the one at Stanford....for some reason I keep thinking his name is Stephen Taylor....

Now that I looked it up, I would take Taylor in a heartbeat. The guy is all heart and determination. He is a horse that never seems to wear down. Plus, going to Stanford, his brain functions.
  16. Oh_Canada

6,016 Messages
    551 Likes Received
    Gracias--I like Barner as well, just thought that since our lead back is an injury question mark, Taylor is more a complete back that could carry the load while he is gone.