1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Premier League

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by CATCH17, Feb 4, 2014.

1. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,227 Messages
    1,445 Likes Received
    Is anyone keeping up with it?

I watched Chelsea defeat Man City for the second time this year yesterday and thought it was a great match.

It should be interesting to see who wins the league so I thought I would post a thread for discussion if anyone is interested.

If I had to pick who will finish top 4 i'd say...

1. Chelsea

2. Man City

3. Arsenal

4. Liverpool

This league should have a great finish though and Man City will be tough to stop in the end.
  2. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,421 Messages
    758 Likes Received
    Although Man City lost to Chelsea twice, they are still second in the standing due to goal differential. It is going to be close all the way through the season. I think Everton may sneak into the final four. ManU will not make the Champions League spots or even Europa League. That is going to hurt them in signing some help during the summer.
  3. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,022 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    Chelsea! Chelsea! Chelsea!

Love it. Game was very entertaining and you can see what Jose is building again.
    Hazard is simply sublime. City could not handle him at all.

Think Chelsea finds way to steal top spot but it will be a dog fight. UCL, EPL Double is the goal!!

Another ManCity game in a week, can't wait. Such a battle.
  4. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

4,829 Messages
    324 Likes Received
    I was able to see most of the 2nd half of the contest yesterday. Both teams looked pretty good I thought.
  5. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,756 Messages
    1,190 Likes Received
    Maybe it was b/c I only watched the first half, but I thought the game was pretty boring. For most of what I watched, Man City just possessed easily around midfield and then tried to pick there spots. Wasn't much flow to the game at all.

Also, Yaya is a monster, he's a lot of fun to watch.
  6. UKCowboysFan

UKCowboysFan Member

431 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Man City miss Aguero against top class opposition.

Will be interesting to see how they do against Barcelona in the Champions League.

Oddly enough if they get knocked out this may help them in the Premier League, as they will (like Liverpool) have less fixtures than Chelsea.

Same will apply to Arsenal, who I think will get knocked out by Bayern
  7. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,846 Messages
    414 Likes Received
    Yep, I try to watch every single weekend. Chelsea played a hell of a match this week, but I still think City is easily the best team in the league right now... Just look at that goal differential!

I would love to see Arsenal or Liverpool win the league. I wouldn't consider myself a fan of any Premier League team, I just love watching the games. Liverpool hasn't won in forever and neither has Arsenal, so it would be nice to see them win but it looks like City's title to lose this season.
  8. RastaRocket

5,846 Messages
    414 Likes Received
    I can't see any team in the Premier League keeping up with Barcelona or Bayern except City.
  9. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,325 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    Hope Swansea go down after sacking Laudrup. Ridiculous decision. Ideally I'd like to see Arsenal win it, mainly because I don't like Chelsea or City.
  10. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,022 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    Chelsea beat them both only 2 years ago:)

Chelsea has far FAR more skill than City.
    They won 1-0 but hit the cross bar another 3 times with absolute rockets.
    That 2nd half wasn't even close and it was on City's home field.
  11. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,022 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    game definitely picked up steam in the second half.
    was interesting style clash.
    city wanted to hold ball through midfield and pass people open.
    chelsea used outstanding pace form willian and hazard to transfer midfield to attack in a blink.

city's tactics made for very few legit challenges to cech.
    chelsea's tactics worked and they really pressed the city defense all day.
    from the 45th to 75th minute city looked almost helpless.
    after that chelsea mostly just defended.
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,227 Messages
    1,445 Likes Received

I don't know about that.. I like Chelsea but Chelsea was keeping 6 guys back and basically playing with no midfield.

I think City is better but City doesn't have Mourinho. If they did they would be unstoppable.

If Chelsea had a striker though then yes they would probably pass City.
  13. RastaRocket

5,846 Messages
    414 Likes Received
    We'll see... I still think City is easily the superior team. I know you're a big Chelsea fan, so hard to take FAR more skill seriously especially when their striker is an old Eto'o.
  14. RastaRocket

5,846 Messages
    414 Likes Received
    Gotta love Mourinho lol... He's a great manager, his personality is very entertaining, but his football is so damn boring!
  15. GroundUp

GroundUp Member

218 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Been up since early watching today. Pool hammered Arsenal 5-1, Pool been taking care of business at home. I'm glad though cause I'm a huge Chelsea fan so now we gotta take care of Newcastle!
  16. GroundUp

GroundUp Member

218 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    If Chelsea can get opts today they'd do themselves well, I'm sure City will take care of Norwich. Chelsea has capitalized lately getting 23 of a possible 27 points of late. Game on!
  17. RastaRocket

5,846 Messages
    414 Likes Received
    Loved that game
  18. RastaRocket

5,846 Messages
    414 Likes Received
    Hazard is playing like a monster right now. Big day for Chelsea with Arsenal losing and City drawing.
  19. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,022 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    various:
    Yay Chelsea!

Hazard is playing as well as anyone in the game.
    Willian has a work rate that is impossibly high.
    And Eto'o is our back up striker. Torres is the first option if he is healthy.
    Eto'o is there til they pull back Lukaku. That is the future.

Chelsea will have a battle to the end especially with all the tourney fixtures to be played.

But it is definitely a Blue season.
    KTBFFH

Man City vs Chelsea was not even close. Chelsea dominated that game. It was no where near boring beyond a few minutes in the first half.
    Hazard has the highest percentage in the league of beating defenders off the dribble.
    City's mid-field was never even in the game outside the first half from Toure.
    And now he is out 3 games.
  20. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,421 Messages
    758 Likes Received
    I'm curious if that will be true. Mourinho doesn't not seem to like Lukaku and can be very stubborn. He didn't like Mata and now he is gone. I can envision a scenario where Chelsea sell Lukaku and then go out and sign another young striker such as Falcao or the like.

http://www.clubcall.com/chelsea/top-strikers-make-mourinho-shortlist-1707165.html