1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

President of CZ Election

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by sacase, Sep 10, 2008.

1. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,272 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    Ok, Hostile sanctioned this so here is the idea. We will have a president of CZ (with absolutly no power to do anything). You must announce your candidacy here. NO REAL LIFE politics, if you make that apart of your platform, then you will disqualified. EVerything should be Cowboys/Cowboyszone/Football Related.

* You should state what policies you would keep and what you would change on CZ.

* You should have a Campaign Slogun

* You should put your candidacy in your sig line.

After 2 weeks we will have a debate on the "issues". and a week after that we will have a poll to elect the President. If You have any other ideas, let me know and I will add them to the thread.
  2. Rackat

Rackat Active Member

2,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It should be a tag line at the end of your "political" posts, having it in the sig line would violate site rules.

Other than that, it sounds fun!
  3. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Infraction insurance/coupons/rebates.
  4. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,120 Messages
    1,185 Likes Received
    i bow to your experience already.
  5. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Masomenos85 has created an exploratory committee to determine the feasibility of an election campaign.

Issues:
    1. Change - I'll bring it, in a good way -- actual plans TBD.

2. Experience - I've been elected Forum Mayor on much smaller boards. Does not support posts that lead nowhere.

3. Leadership - Was once held hostage at a Redskins forum, wouldn't leave until they let Hos go. Do not question this...ever.

4. Hairplugs - Don't have them.

Slogan:
    "Putting the "RUM" back in Forum"

:D
  6. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

12,902 Messages
    655 Likes Received
    I promise to put a gun in every crib, beer in every milk bottle, and drugs on every street corner.
  7. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,909 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    I nominate BBGUN!!!
  8. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There goes the neighborhood.

Ich bin ein Zoner!
  9. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,725 Messages
    143 Likes Received

VINTAGE FOR PREZ...
  10. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

12,902 Messages
    655 Likes Received
    Thank you good buddy.

(I promise you lots of power should I win)
  11. Viper

Viper Active Member

2,190 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I just can't support this agenda, everyone knows...whiskey is the only beverage that belongs is milk bottles! Besides, you're lacking in the street corner dept.
  12. EveryoneElse

EveryoneElse Active Member

3,877 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm gunna shake up the CowboysZone.

Policies:

1. Once a year, one lucky fan will win an all expenses paid trip to a december home game in Dallas.

2. I will organize fundraisers, with all procedes going towards big screen tvs for our members who are less fortunate.

3. I will fight the war on Trolls, and make sure we can all rest easy, knowing that no troll will sleep under our bridge!

4. I will ban words like: Patriots, Belichick, Parcells, Hybrid, Ty Law, Shanle, Long Jump.

Vote for me, EveryoneElse.....The only candidate that puts Everyone Else first.
  13. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,583 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Peep the swag on him!!

:D
  14. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,182 Messages
    289 Likes Received
    I would run but I wasn't born in the CZ so I am ineligible
  15. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LOL!

Best. Post. Ever/
  16. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,043 Messages
    3,280 Likes Received
    :laugh2: Ahhh...but was one of your parents?!?!?
  17. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,725 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    We'll give you a waiver... :D
  18. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,024 Messages
    407 Likes Received
    I would change nothing. If change is needed I will heed the voices of the people and reflect any and all changes accordingly. We, together shall determine the future of our beloved Cowboys Zone. We will recognize every poster as an intricate piece of our success. Thru good times we will celebrate. Thru bad times we will prevail, stronger than ever. Thru the people, WE. WILL. SUCCEED!!!

We will enforce our current policies and shore up the loose ends. All posting upon submit will be flagged with a interactive window displaying "Think Before You post". This will ensure a higher percentage of quality posting. I will encourage and welcome posters from other teams and or "Trolls". We as a unified democracy will crerate a task force of current members whose primary responsibility will be to rid these cyber-bullies from our premises by whatever means/force necessary! We will have a review board responsible for the internal auditing of all aspects of the governing bodies as to their performance and what they contribute positively to the people of our Board!!
    We the people will collectively be responsible for what we read, what we post and the overall improvements constituted FOR The Cowboy Zone!!!

For the People, By the People, We ARE................. The Cowboys Zone. And remember, "A vote for me, is a vote for you................."
  19. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,583 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Fixed. :D
  20. EveryoneElse

EveryoneElse Active Member

3,877 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    bumpity bump.