Presidential-Debate Moderators Set

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by irvin88, Sep 19, 2008.

1. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Commission on Presidential Debates announced the moderators for this fall’s matchups. Each debate will have a single moderator and last for 90 minutes. One presidential debate will focus primarily on domestic policy and another on foreign policy. Here’s a brief rundown of the details:

Jim Lehrer, executive editor and anchor of PBS’s “The NewsHour,” will moderate the first presidential debate on Sept. 26, at the University of Mississippi, Oxford, Miss.

Gwen Ifill, “The NewsHour” senior correspondent and managing editor of PBS’s “Washington Week,” will host the vice presidential debate on Oct. 2 at Washington University in St. Louis, Mo.

Tom Brokaw of NBC News will host a town-hall style debate between the presidential candidates on Oct. 7 at Belmont University, Nashville, Tenn.

Bob Schieffer, CBS News chief Washington correspondent and “Face the Nation” host, will moderate the Oct. 15 presidential debate at Hofstra University, Hempstead, N.Y.
  2. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,732 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Why is everyone scared of FOX? Why all libs? They sure are trying to stack the deck. Not surprised.
  3. Heisenberg

Heisenberg That gum you like. Zone Supporter

10,176 Messages
    1,721 Likes Received
    Seems like a decent lineup.

I really wish Tim Russert was still alive. You can always bet he'll ask the tough questions of both sides.
  4. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    pretty much a pro-Obama crowd, though I cant say I am surprised.
  5. iceberg

iceberg winter??? RUN AWAY RUN AWAY!!! Zone Supporter

29,988 Messages
    2,827 Likes Received
    sandra bernhard or whatever her name is didn't make the mod list? i would have thought that to be pay per view.

wouldn't that be wild. make elections pay per view?