1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Presidential Prediction

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Hillary will win the nomination. She will be forced to publicly ask Obama to be here VP. Since Bill will be the defacto VP he will view this as being a third wheel and will decline. Then she will pick, whom she intended to all the time, Bill Richardson to court the Hispanic vote.

We will have a Clinton/Clinton/Richardson ticket.

On the republican side....

McCain will probably win the Nomination (Yuck) and because he has totally ticked off the conservative base ask Newt Gingrich to run as VP. (Although Huckabee is vying for that spot)

I see this as the only way to bring the party back into unity.

Either way, in the end, McCain will be the next president just because enough people will turn out to vote against hillary.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

For now!
  2. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think Hillary and McCain have it locked up at the head of the ticket.

I think Hillary will have to offer Obama the VP, but I think he'll decline. I'm not sure who she'll take, but I'd look for someone from a swing state.

My original guess for McCain was Charlie Crist, but I just heard something about him that I hadn't heard before, which, if true would pretty much knock him out.

I was talking with a client today about rising GOP stars, and one name that came up that sounded interesting is Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. She's really made a name for herself in a short period of time, would provide a good female contrast to Hillary. She's a bold reformer, and is solidly conservative.

Being from Alaska is a geographical disadvantage, but it has some unique charm to it as well.

She's also not bad looking, for a politician.

[IMG]

She's a darkhorse, to be sure, but anyone is at this point.

As far as a general prediction goes, I'd say Hillary narrowly beats McCain.
  3. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,039 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    That's certainlly possible, Cajun.

It does posit a huge surge of voters heading to the ballot box to vote against Hilary, but I do agree that that will cause some to get off the sofa.

Democratic primaries have been doubling their turnout though. There might be a surge there as well.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    I predict 2 people enter 1 person leave. It sounds better in the movie thunderdome but that is how I see the race
  5. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,535 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    did sound better in that but mostly because of the midget who ran Bartertown and the ******** guy who was his big muscle.

too bad there isn't a midget and a ****** running for President ;)
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    No but maybe we could build a big cage and stick them in it and let them fight for the job. :D
  7. Mavs Man

Mavs Man All outta bubble gum

4,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've been hearing for years that Hillary will lose because it will turn out the Republican base. I just don't see that happening. It didn't work in 2004 for the Democrats. Bush came into that election with low approval ratings, heading an unpopular war and what was believed to be a sluggish economy (claims of lowest job growth since Hoover and the Depression, yada yada...). Even with three strikes against him he still won, because a bore candidate such as Kerry did little to drive out their voters.

Jump to 1996 and the other Clinton. There were (and still are) a large segment of the population that is opposed to WJC but that did little to prevent him winning a second term. Now, Perot had something to do with that (8-9% of the popular vote) but Bob Dole was not a "sexy" vote for Republicans and didn't drive out that vote.

If people vote for McCain (assuming he doesn't have a Howard Dean moment that derails his eventual nomination) it will largely be because they vote for McCain and not because they're voting for ABBH (AnyBody But Hillary). Independents like McCain, which could make a difference, but that will most likely be offset by the loss of a large segment of conservatives that are turned off.
  8. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Kucinich already dropped out and Bush can't run for a 3rd term. :D
  9. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    :bow: :laugh2:

Beautiful.
  10. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,039 Messages
    144 Likes Received

Good shootin', Tex! :shoot1:
  11. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,026 Messages
    768 Likes Received
    now that was funny
  12. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And how did your predictions do in the 06 midterms, ol' buddy?? :D
  13. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just go watch the video clip of Ann Coulter emphatically stating she'll vote for Hillary if McCain is the GOP's nominee...

Conservatives have little use for John McCain, and neocons purely loathe him... perhaps even more than they loathe Hillary...

I'm comforted, knowing that there is a scenario in which (M)Ann Coulter would vote for Hillary, this means that once again, she and I are on opposite sides of the fence... I'll start to worry if and when she and I ever agree on anything... LOL...
  14. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received

That's gonna leave a mark...
  15. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    IF the RNC is smart they will remind conservatives what happened the last time they stayed home because they did not think the nominee was conservative enough (1992).
    I think a lot of people here underestimate just how many really dislike Hilary and want no more clintons or bush's in the White House.
    A LOT of the surge in democrat voting is because of Obama; if he is not on the ticket a lot of that will go away.
  16. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received

:laugh2:
  17. Mavs Man

Mavs Man All outta bubble gum

4,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    SB, did you read the rest of my post? What you quoted was the complete opposite of my point.

This is the very next sentence:

18. CowboyJeff

CowboyJeff New Member

1,905 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm still reeling from Rudy dropping out.....first the Cowboys drop out and then Rudy drops out? It was a baaaaaad January. I was actually looking forward to Halloweens at the White House.
  19. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,006 Messages
    1,100 Likes Received
    Actually, it did work. Kerry wasn't a particularly inspiring choice by the Dems, so the anti-Bush sentiment boosted him to where he was actually somewhat competitive in 2004, whereas if there was no anti-Bush sentiment he would have been trounced.
  20. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received

We already have a ******** midget in the White House, let's move in another direction.