1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pretty clear it's between these 3

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dantheman41, Apr 13, 2012.

1. dantheman41

dantheman41 Active Member

729 Messages
    138 Likes Received
    Seems like from what I've been reading both here and other articles from people 'in the know' that our 1st rd pick is going to be either:

Mark Barron
    David DeCastro
    Fletcher Cox

I'm guessing they want to see how many fall to them. If their is only 1 left at 14 they will stay put. But if two or three are still on board they will slide down few spots if their confident one will still be there. What does everyone think?
  2. StarHead69

StarHead69 Active Member

1,340 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I think fans are far more interested in DeCastro than JJ and JG. It's a shame, but he will probably slip into the late teens early 20's come draft day. IMO, he goes to a team with multiple 1st rounders.
  3. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    If these guys are ALL on the board at #14, I think the team will try to trade down a few spots.

However, if someone reaches for Cox in the top 10 and DeCastro goes to Arizona, Dallas will stay put and take Barron.
  4. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,833 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    I suspect that even though these three players would be the targets at 14, that they have a preference for the two defensive players. So if only one of either Cox or Barron is left at 14, then they will make the pick and not attempt to trade down.
  5. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Sure gotta be those 3... unless it is:
    Melvin Ingram | OLB/DE | South Carolina
    Whitney Mercilus | OLB/DE | Illinois
    Courtney Upshaw | OLB | Alabama
    Nick Perry | OLB/DE | USC
    Michael Brockers | DT/DE | LSU
    Andre Branch | OLB/DE | Clemson
    Peter Konz | OC | Wisconsin
    Brandon Thompson | DE | Clemson
    Stephon Gilmore | CB | South Carolina

personally, I am starting to believe it will be Barron.
  6. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    The Cowboys reportedly "like" Mississippi State DT Fletcher Cox, but believe he will be off the board before the 14th pick in the draft.

Cox appears to be a notch above Dontari Poe and Michael Brockers, two defensive tackles the Cowboys also "like" even if they haven't visited. Although Alabama OLB/DE Courtney Upshaw did visit Dallas recently, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram hears that he won't be a consideration at No. 14 overall.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/04/12/3880217/commentary-felix-jones-is-not.html
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,292 Messages
    1,243 Likes Received
    I like all three, but in order I'd go DeCastro, Barron, Cox. I'm not as high on Cox as some, but then again I wasn't happy with the idea of Watt at 9 last year, so what do I know about 3-4 DE's.
  8. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,273 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    If all three are on the board, I don't think you can drop 4 or 5 spots.

Cox will go to Philly at 15
    barron will go to NYJ at 16

DeCastro could be there, but I don't know that I would drop 4 o 5 spots just to pick up a 4th round pick.

This team needs defense bad. Cox and Barron are immediate starters and huge upgrades over what we have.

Quality over quantity. We need to stay put if Cox or barron are still there at 14.
  9. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,064 Messages
    956 Likes Received
    I like all three as well. I'd be thrilled with any one of them.