1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pretty good book on the 3-4...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by InmanRoshi, Jul 16, 2005.

1. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Just got it from Amazon this week.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_1/103-4618112-9011816?v=glance&s=books

Not a casual read. Its ring bound, and formated and worded like a playbook. 230 pages. Its really meant as a resourcce for high school coaches who want to implement the defense. Not a lot of verbage. Each different formation of the 3-4 comes with a X's and O's diagram and a chart of where each man in the formation should line up and what his responsibilities are on either a running play towards him, a running play away from him or a passing play. Has seperate chapters devoted to fronts, stunts, blitzes, goal line and coverages. Comes with a glossary of jargon (example: Force - Outside-in responsibilities on the football, immediate up field pressure from secondary or linebackers on run plays). Goes on to list, diagram and explain drills for practice and keys to focus on
  2. MinnesotaCowboy

MinnesotaCowboy Member

620 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I am too old and set in my ways to read a book like that. I watch football because I love it.......not because I want to coach it. Sorry but thanks for the tip anyway......lots of guys and gals who use this link to express their thoughts on the Cowboys will probably love the book! :D
  3. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,288 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Is this one of the books Zimmer picked up in the offseason? :D
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,809 Messages
    3,298 Likes Received
    I'll wait for the movie.