1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Price versus Morgan

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Nors, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    81 Peerless Price
    Position: WR
    Height: 5-11
    Weight: 190
    Born: 10/27/1976
    College: Tennessee
    NFL Experience: 7

Career Stats | Game Logs: 01 02 03 04 | Situational Stats | Team Roster

Price!
    RECEIVING

Year Team G GS No Yards Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ FD
    1999 Buffalo Bills 16 4 31 393 12.7 45 3 8 1 19
    2000 Buffalo Bills 16 16 52 762 14.7 42 3 11 2 34
    2001 Buffalo Bills 16 16 55 895 16.3 70 7 16 4 37
    2002 Buffalo Bills 16 16 94 1252 13.3 73 9 16 6 57
    2003 Atlanta Falcons 16 15 64 838 13.1 49 3 9 5 40
    2004 Atlanta Falcons 16 15 45 575 12.8 50 3 8 2 28
    TOTAL 96 82 341 4715 13.8 73 28 68 20
  2. Banned_n_austin

Banned_n_austin Benched

5,834 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Nors, when you have a title of Price vs Morgan ... I'd like to see Morgan's #'s too.

Kinda defeats the purpose my man. Interesting #'s in 2002 though. Bledsoe probably likes this guy.
  3. Mike 1967

Mike 1967 New Member

2,771 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Can Price catch the Ball ?

If so...then there is no contest :)
  4. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    81 Quincy Morgan
    Position: WR
    Height: 6-1
    Weight: 215
    Born: 09/23/1977
    College: Kansas State
    NFL Experience: 5

Career Stats | Game Logs: 01 02 03 04 | Situational Stats | Team Roster

RECEIVING

Year Team G GS No Yards Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ FD
    2001 Cleveland Browns 16 9 30 432 14.4 78 2 9 1 16
    2002 Cleveland Browns 16 16 56 964 17.2 78 7 17 6 34
    2003 Cleveland Browns 16 15 38 516 13.6 71 3 5 2 22
    2004 Dallas Cowboys 15 12 31 404 13.0 53 3 4 2 19
    TOTAL 63 52 155 2316 14.9 78 15 35 11 91

RUSHING
  5. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,640 Messages
    599 Likes Received
    No question I'd rather have Price than Morgan. He's young and looked fantastic with help at WR and QB (when he was with the Bills).

Always loved this guy when he played for Buffalo.

I'd say interest in him is definitely warranted considering that Terry Glenn is our only deep threat (and how reliable is he for a 16 game season?) Terry's awesome, but there's a good chance him and/or Key get hurt at some point, and then that means Witten becomes our third WR (or, *shudder*, Morgan, Copper, Crowder).

He might cost too much though, and with Crayton looking so good lately, I doubt we pick him up. Hoping we do, but doubting.
  6. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,390 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Price is 29 when the season starts.

Not what I consider "young".
  7. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,342 Messages
    535 Likes Received
    Price's numbers are much better. I just didn't think Morgan was as big as he was physically. And I thought Price was bigger than listed.
  8. Banned_n_austin

Banned_n_austin Benched

5,834 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I echo this post. There are a few factors involved, but if we can get him for the right price, I want him for several reasons.
  9. JDSmith

JDSmith New Member

1,669 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Although Price isn't young he's not old either. And he has clearly shown that when he's not the number 1 guy he can put up some nice numbers. He's worlds better than Morgan any way you look at it. I just don't know where we'd fit him at this point with Key, Glenn, and Crayton. When you factor in Witten and the amount of times we're going to run the ball, I'm just not sure we have enough to go around for another WR.
  10. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,843 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    I love his quote when leaving Atlanta to reporters

Reporter: "Blah blah blah.... How do you feel"

Price: " I hate y'all"
  11. Murph80

Murph80 Member

974 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    A change of scenery is what both of them need. Welcome to Big D Peerless.
  12. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,640 Messages
    599 Likes Received
    Haha, shows what I know. :) I thought he was 27.

Still, at that age, if he's still any good, he's got a good three or four left in him.
  13. Tio

Tio Armchair QB

5,112 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Lets be honest here, if we brought in price, crayton would also be bumped down the depth chart.
  14. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,843 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    Price would have to prove himself, he wouldnt jsut get it.
  15. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Drew Bledsoe's Touchdown Targets
    Moulds & Price among Bledsoe's top targets

buffalobills.com
    Nov. 1, 2002

Through eight games, Drew Bledsoe has thrown for a league-leading 16 touchdowns, giving him 182 career touchdown passes in his career and the 35th most in NFL history. He has thrown a touchdown pass in each of the first eight games and has hit pay-dirt with five different targets.

The former number one overall draft pick of the New England Patriots will be the first to tell you that he's had some talented targets to throw to during his 10-year career. However, none have proved to be more productive than the group of targets he has worked with during his first eight games with the Bills.

The potent list starts with wide receivers Eric Moulds and Peerless Price, who are both having Pro Bowl seasons. Moulds is tops in the NFL in receiving yards with 785 and is second in the NFL in receptions with 57 (Indy's Marvin Harrison, 58). Price follows closely behind with 743 receiving yards and 51 catches.

"In my mind Eric (Moulds) and Peerless (Price) are playing as well as any receiving tandem in the league," Bledsoe said. "Teams, I think, are starting to focus on shutting them down but they are still making plays and making catches."

This list doesn't stop there. Rookie Josh Reed has stepped up and made some big plays throughout the season and tight ends Jay Riemersma and Dave Moore have proved to be valuable targets as well. Throw in Larry Centers and Travis Henry coming out of the backfield and the Bills are certainly loaded and ready to attack the opposition.

Ok. So there's no question this is the best group of receivers Bledsoe has had during his career but who's the best individual target he's had? Eric Moulds?

"I might be disrespecting Peerless to say that because they are both at the very, very pinnacle of the game right now from the standpoint of what they are doing as receivers," Bledsoe said previewing this weekend's matchup with New England. "Both Eric and Peerless are different receivers.

Eric is the most explosive, the most powerful and the strongest receiver that I've ever played with. I throw him the ball and I stand back to watch because I know that he's going to do something. He's going to run somebody over, he's going to make some spectacular move and do something amazing with it. I will say that I have complete trust in Eric. I will give him the chance to make a play, throw a ball into coverage sometimes and rely on him to just go do it."

Below is a list of Bledsoe's 34 touchdown targets during his career (regular season):

Pos. Receiver TDs
    TE Ben Coates 45
    WR Terry Glenn 21
    WR Vincent Brisby 14
    WR Shawn Jefferson 13
    WR Troy Brown 12
    WR Peerless Price 6
    WR Eric Moulds 5
    FB Keith Byars 5
    FB Sam Gash 5
    RB Curtis Martin 5
    RB Leroy Thompson 5
    WR Michael Timpson 5
    WR Ray Crittenden 4
    WR Tony Simmons 4
    TE Lovett Purnell 3
    FB Kevin Turner 3
    WR Josh Reed 2
    TE Dave Moore 2
    TE Mike Bartrum 2
    TE Eric Bjornson 2
    RB J.R. Redmond 2
    RB Robert Edwards 2
    RB Kevin Faulk 2
    WR Hason Graham 2
    TE Jermaine Wiggins 2
    RB Travis Henry 1
    RB Terry Allen 1
    TE Marv Cook 1
    RB Derrick Cullors 1
    WR Greg McMurtry 1
    RB David Meggett 1
    WR Will Moore 1
    RB Lamont Warren 1
    TE Rod Rutledge 1
  16. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,677 Messages
    1,480 Likes Received
    The question shouldn't be Morgan vs. Price.

It should be Crayton vs. Price and frankly, I'm happy with Crayton.

I'm not sure we get Price knowing he's 4th in line. If we can......fine.
  17. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Crayton has a lot to prove still. If he's better than Price he stays #3.
  18. Wolverine

Wolverine Zimmer Hater

2,467 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Some in here will be surprised to hear me say this since most know how I feel about Morgan. But in this game coming Thursday I really hope to see Parcells play Morgan with the 1st team alot and have alot of passes to him planned.

He did catch a TD pass last game so hopefully that is the beginning of things turning around for him. He is a big and very fast WR and I look at it is we already know what we have in Crayton Key and Glenn. Give Morgan some time in the game Thursday and then decide after that game.

I do hope this happens and I hope Morgan catches everything thrown to him. I don't hate Morgan I just don't like all his drops.
  19. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Team depth -

One injury and we have Crowder, Copper and Morgan......

You need 4 and 5 WR's.
  20. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,234 Messages
    749 Likes Received
    Price's #s would have been much better if ATL threw the ball. ATL had fewer than 400 pass attempts. That's 2nd to last in the league at <25 attempts a game. They also had the fewest completions in the league in '04 and second fewest in '03. I guess they wanted to get rid of Price because you can't justify big $ for receivers if you don't throw the ball.

Does anyone have an insight in to how Price actually plays? Did he drop a lot of passes? I see a guy who did very well in a pass oriented offense then not as well in a run oriented O.