1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Printers

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Ren, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,092 Messages
    489 Likes Received
    aka, the most evil rage inducing creations of all time or is that just the once i buy? :bang2:
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    Home, not so bad. The antique I use at work must be from hell.
  3. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,422 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    Dude, just "office space" it.

[IMG]
  4. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Try being a print server administrator you have no idea the hell that is printing. Windows, Unix etc they all have crappy printing heck there is a reason I am pushing for a 3rd party app (we have it partially in place) that seems to be fixing some of our printing issues. Then you throw in certain applications I will leave those names out of the comment that add more headaches. :ralph::ralph:
  5. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    PC LOAD LETTER?
  6. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,092 Messages
    489 Likes Received

If 1 single printer can make me rage like i did today i don't even want to imagine it

Do you have that 1000 yard stare yet?

I still don't have my letter printed :bang2:
  7. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Have you rebooted both the PC and the printer? removed and re-added the printer in "Devices and Printers"? Made sure your printer is selected as the 'default' printer? things like that?
  8. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,092 Messages
    489 Likes Received

My computer finds it on the network, it shows up on my computer until i hit print then it's like it's no longer there. Will reboot everything and try adding it again but for the sake of my sanity it will have to wait to tomorrow

It's asking for a software update but when i check the HP websites i don't see any new once that i don't have
  9. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,422 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    Sounds like you need drivers. Is this a home environment or work?
  10. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,092 Messages
    489 Likes Received

Home, I set it to auto check for driver updates but it's obviously not doing that
  11. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,422 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    I'd go to HP's site and look up the printer's model number. From there, download drivers based on the OS you are running. Be sure to choose the correct driver version (32 bit OS or 64 Bit OS).
  12. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Which model of printer? I have ran across one or two that just have a mind of their own. We have a love/hate relationship. :laugh1:
  13. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    try a 3000 yard stare yes we have roughly 3000+ printers and no do not get me going on the amount of wasted paper and nightmares that come with that. Oh and that 3k does not count the people that have locally attached printers at least i do not have to deal with them :rake:
  14. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We have a Toshiba Laser all singing all dancing printer at work that can take anything up to 20 minutes to print a pdf document. Waste of space!

My HP Allinone printer at home takes seconds. Fantastic printer.
  15. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,212 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    I've seen this before. Some HP drivers, especially on Windows 7 64 bit, will cause the print spooler service to shut down, and once that happens, you printers will disappear. Check control panel, services to see if the print spooler is running. Either way, you're probably going to want an updated driver. Also, check to make sure the driver is certified for your OS.