1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Prisco: Top 25 Breakout players in the NFL - Fredericks and T. Williams

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 5, 2014.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,137 Messages
    6,917 Likes Received
    When I usually do my lists of potential NFL breakout players each summer, it often leads to confusion as to what the term breakout means. So here's my definition: A player who hasn't been to the Pro Bowl who has a real chance to go in 2014.

In other words, players who have started games, playing well in the process, and now might be ready for even more. San Francisco safety Eric Reid and Chicago guard Kyle Long would be on the list, but both went to the Pro Bowl last season.

Travis Frederick, C, Dallas Cowboys -- When the Cowboys picked him in the first round of the 2013 draft, there were snickers. But it was the right move. He showed last season as a 16-game starter that he has a chance to be a really good center. He is smart and athletic, two musts for the position these days.

Terrance Williams, WR, Dallas Cowboys -- With Miles Austin now gone, this second-year player takes over as the starter opposite Dez Bryant. That should mean a lot of single coverage and a chance for big plays. Look for his numbers to go up dramatically from his 44 catches a year ago.

See the rest of the list: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...o-top-25-breakout-players-in-the-nfl-for-2015
  2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,186 Messages
    2,027 Likes Received
    Nice to read a positive piece.
    mugsybows likes this.
  3. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,210 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    Tfred is really smart but he is not athletic,speed guys will always give him problems but better guard play will help him out a lot.
  4. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,196 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    Props to Jerry!!!

Cowboys have a lot of young talent on the verge of breaking out!
  5. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,950 Messages
    1,092 Likes Received
    It really was a good read. But I thought I read in here numerous times where Travis was very immobile--not athletic at all. Hmmm. It wasn't all here, but in the media as well. Looks like we did a great job. Thanks Jerry and Stephen, and Garret. :) Sorry, I know my last sentence stings for some. LOL
  6. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,891 Messages
    1,392 Likes Received
    So wait... at this point that would mean.

TFred + TWill >>>>>>> Sharif Floyd?

No. This can't be! We did something right?

::dies::
    fffiasco, mugsybows and TheCowboy like this.
  7. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,203 Messages
    5,448 Likes Received
    Frederick is on a Mangold curve IMO. He will be considered a top five center easily by seasons end. Williams? Not certain about him at all.
    Wood likes this.
  8. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,845 Messages
    1,833 Likes Received
    It's still very early, but it's looking like we struck gold on both picks, especially on Frederick.
  9. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,086 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    It bothers me Williams seems to rarely make catches with his hands. He uses his body too much for catches IMO.
    tideh20heel likes this.
  10. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,514 Messages
    9,681 Likes Received
    I don't think he's a star but a real nice complementary receiver. It's possible he could put up some nice numbers but it'll be a product of the attention Dez Bryant commands more than anything.
    the_h0wey likes this.
  11. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,203 Messages
    5,448 Likes Received
    At best he is Harper back in the day with a dominant offense otherwise. Then someone signs him as a free agent and goes wait, what?

I do not see special qualities nor do I get a strong sense he wants to be more than the No. 2. He just does not appear to be the personality type.
  12. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    Frederick has a lot to improve upon in pass protection.
  13. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,196 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    Wrong, fallen one