1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Promise Ring Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SDogo, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,108 Messages
    39 Likes Received

Oh, you just KNOW that they have to sign this guy one way or another.. That last name by itself is worth at least a roster spot.
  2. Rockytop6

Rockytop6 Well-Known Member

2,072 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    I didn't laugh out loud but I did smile. I'm definitely against anybody drafted from a blue field or red field. I'm smiling because it is too painful to laugh.
  3. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,108 Messages
    39 Likes Received

The reality is that there is a limited number of roster spots. There is a limited number of practice snaps. There's a limited amount of practice time. There's a salary cap and every team has a budget. If people want somebody to start right away, then don't complain when they don't " develop talent through the draft ".

If they want the team to develop talent through the draft, then don't complain because it takes time. Even if they want the team to do both, it still takes time and patience.

Madden video game is the worst thing that could have ever happened to the purity of the game.
  4. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,513 Messages
    716 Likes Received

Great post.
  5. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Just finished making a similar point in the draft thread, SDogo. It is crystal clear that he is going for tough, smart, hard working leader types. Not just in the draft -- look at Vickers, Connor and Carr.
  6. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Because no undrafted player has ever been worth a hammered crap, right??

Since it didn't work out that we were able to draft one of the centers we liked, we might as well just give up, I guess...
  7. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Throw in his Arkansas roots, and he should be pretty close to a lock!!!
  8. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,066 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    not at all, obviously we've had a ton of success with udfa (not as year 1 starters though). my thing is, and I think most of us agree, we didn't have a below averege center, we had one of the worst centers in the league last year. will he perform a complete turn around next year, doubtfull. will kevin kowalski (think that is his last name) prove to be a noticable difference? doubt it. And will an UDFA be good enough to unseat both in year one, doubt that too.

all I'm saying is next year, we'll have one of the worst centers in the league again. maybe one of these UDFA develops into a stud, that would be awsome, but I don't expect much out of the position in 2012
  9. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Shouldn't that dire judgement wait until you see who's starting come opening day??
  10. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,066 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    a combination of the same guys we had last year, as I've said before, meh.....

not the end of the world, and who knows, the strength and conditioning coach could work some magic but we haven't improved at the center psoition which in 2011 was probably the worst on the team, and possibly the worst in the league at that position.
  11. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,633 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    You forgot about the (D) people. The ones that enjoy coming on here for news, chatting and information because they watch absolutely no college football and know nothing about college prospects. They do however read who the hot draftees are and have their opinions go back and forth from all of the armchair scouts who seem to know what they are talking about. Well, thank goodness for CS and SDogo, if I listened to the people on this site I would have stood in front of a moving car by now in depression from this draft. I don't know one person Dallas drafted and that included Clairborne but I do know he was the best Defensive player in the draft. I'm saying all of this because I don't know enough to be upset about this draft but I know I don't and that being the case I always take a wait and see approach. Besides that the people that actually DO know something about the prospects and do have connections to the NFL on here are not screaming bloody murder like 2009. That says two things to me, 1. They are placing their trust in JG (I sure am) and 2. These players may not be as bad as the negative nancies are saying. But... we shall see. Still anyone that has seen my posts knows, I DO NOT TRUST JERRY AT ALL and if Jason is happy with this draft then so am I.
  12. preacher238

preacher238 Member

497 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: