1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Props to Reality

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Meat-O-Rama, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Meat-O-Rama

Meat-O-Rama Vegetarians are so stupid.

2,221 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Lots of action going on right now in Cowboys land, and the site is running like a champ. That last round of upgrades appears to be doing the trick!
  2. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,995 Messages
    1,014 Likes Received
    i've had a few "the server is busy" but not many and not for long.

VERY nice with all the traffic i know that's coming in.
  3. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,509 Messages
    929 Likes Received
    Thank you for the compliments!! :D

#reality
  4. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,044 Messages
    8 Likes Received
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,886 Messages
    1,664 Likes Received
    I appreciate the stability.

Although, some of the advertising on the site is really, really random.
  6. justbob

justbob The Peacemaker Staff Member

6,716 Messages
    251 Likes Received
    Thanks Boss --
  7. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,702 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    Good to see you boss... and thanks for the upgrades...
  8. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,532 Messages
    1,849 Likes Received
    Browser history based advertising.....top visiting those "other" sites.... :eek: :D
  9. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,886 Messages
    1,664 Likes Received
    I considered that but I haven't been to many sites that sell as much kitchen stuff as I see.

Currently seeing JC Penny ads.

I should start a thread of all the ones I see.
  10. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

27,527 Messages
    1,080 Likes Received
    Ditto. :thumbup:
  11. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Not often does the IT guy get thanks for his work. They are usually demonized. When things are going good, nobody notices. When they aren't, it's their fault. :laugh2:

:thumbup: Reality.
  12. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    And everyone calls to let you know something is wrong even though you knew about it 30 mins ago. :laugh1:
  13. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I love it when they stand at my desk waiting for it to be fixed. I literally have to bark at them so they will leave and let me work in peace. :laugh2:
  14. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,756 Messages
    2,791 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Yeah. I like when I get loads of calls and as sometimes I have answered with...You are not able to log in to the system or bring up the website correct and they seem astonished that I know the problem before they say it...like nobody else in the state is having the problem. :laugh2:

I also like when they email me about a problem or ask for their username and password. So I send out the email with the requested information and they call me hours later asking for the information. I say...please check your email for me and once they do you can hear the embarrassment. :laugh2:
  15. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,756 Messages
    2,791 Likes Received
    Phone calls and emails are bad enough. I would hate to have people standing at my desk. Although I do work on some computers at the office, I am mostly doing my stuff through emails and over the phone.

It also sucks when people get so used to their username and password being saved in windows that when they get a new computer or move to another computer they think that I went in and took out their password because it no longer just pops up in there for them.

I also love when you tell someone to tell you EXACTLY what they are typing in character by character so you can see if they are putting something in wrong...and they still leave out things.

You also have those that call on a regular basis because they can not remember the login info...I think after a couple of times I would write it down and hide it somewhere...but noooo that would be too hard.
  16. Meat-O-Rama

2,221 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    When I used to work in desktop support, people would come up to my desk to ask for help all the time. No matter what I was working on, I would have to stop and listen to them tell me what they thought was the cause of the issue. I finally got a spare computer and monitor and set it up in front of my cubicle. Anytime someone would come over to harass me I would point at it and tell them to open a ticket. It got quiet fast.
  17. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    So it's not just me that has to deal with that....good to know :laugh1:
  18. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,503 Messages
    3,337 Likes Received
    I can't lie, I would go up to the desktop support guys when I had issues...which were rare, I might add.

The guys worked right around the corner from my cubicle and I was friends with them. I think there was only one guy I didn't hang out and get drunk with at some point or another. lol

So most of the times when I walked around there, I'd tell them my issue and then we start shooting the breeze.
  19. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    So it was your fault it wasn't getting fixed :laugh1:
  20. Meat-O-Rama

2,221 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    What IT guy doesn't make exceptions for the cutie a couple cubicles away?