Pumped for my boy Rico

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by wrongway, Aug 12, 2017 at 10:29 PM.

1. 4lifecowboy

4lifecowboy Well-Known Member

1,471 Messages
    589 Likes Received
    Redzone is obvious, but no one is talking about the damage he is inflicting on the middle of the field. He shedded that lb on that seam route like he was taking off a coat.

jackal1969, waldoputty, Clove and 3 others like this.
  2. wrongway

wrongway Active Member

192 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    After Fridays news, I'm gonna allow myself a little PES. (Premature Excitement Syndrome)

3. Silver N Blue

Silver N Blue Well-Known Member

4,952 Messages
    4,018 Likes Received
    He's a reason to smile tonight. He's several of our pet cat but lion may be more appropriate. Keep it up Rico.

haleyrules likes this.
  4. wrongway

wrongway Active Member

192 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    Lion, love it. I hope he just stays hungry and keeps working.

haleyrules and Silver N Blue like this.
  5. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

2,624 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    I agree that catch was as impressive as any he has made this year, he was determined to get the ball and he was well covered for a preseason game. DB's and LB's are going to struggle in contests for ball possessions with him whether it is red zone or middle of the field. Like someone else commented on, Rico is not in the same league as Bennetts blocking.

Bullflop likes this.
  6. 4lifecowboy

4lifecowboy Well-Known Member

1,471 Messages
    589 Likes Received
    Why do we compare past and present players? He has the ability to be a game changer right now, even while he has room for improvement.

wrongway likes this.
  7. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

4,474 Messages
    3,957 Likes Received
    Well there is that.. Belicheat would have Rico playing TE, DE, running back kicks and holding for field goals.

8. JerryJonesMustGo

JerryJonesMustGo Well-Known Member

1,221 Messages
    1,044 Likes Received
    Rico looks like a keeper.

9. Satchel89

Satchel89 Well-Known Member

870 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    I was a little late to the Rico party but I'm all in now. I know he's got things to work on but as a fan how can you not be excited to see him develop? I think they got a player in Jarwin too. I hope to at least see him on the Practice squad. Is it safe to say the Cowboys have really good depth at Tight End? I think so

wrongway likes this.
  10. Derinyar

Derinyar Well-Known Member

3,209 Messages
    930 Likes Received
    He's on the 53 or your lose him. He's the most likely of the TE, I think, to still get better. Hanna is a good blocker but we really haven't seen him used as a pass catcher. Swaim is alright at both but great at neither. I just think there's a reasonable chance that Rico is still in a very high growth curve for football and he's looking like a football player this year after looking like a tool shed last year.

11. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

47,683 Messages
    8,960 Likes Received
    The guy never EVER played TE and never played high school or college football. His blocking will get better as he's out there all the time, trust me. If the guy is tearing up professional LBs in a year of training, imagine year 3.

Bullflop and guag like this.
  12. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

10,645 Messages
    4,302 Likes Received
    For now in'17, The coaches will cherry pick matchups for Rico this year getting him matched up on Lbs which he'll have an advantage 80% of the time. Give him another year to learn and improve blocking technique, and he'll be a bonafide weapon in 2018.

Bullflop likes this.
  13. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

9,861 Messages
    7,631 Likes Received
    There was a reason he and Romo were tearing it up on scout team last year!

Bill Belichek and Tom Brady would be frothing at the mouth with this dude. The only way to get better is to play. Not sit on the sideline all season!

Bullflop, Dhragon and reddyuta like this.
  14. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

6,666 Messages
    2,816 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

Bullflop, waldoputty and adbutcher like this.
  15. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

2,624 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    For most it is a contrast and compare and to dispel some hyperbole about players.

16. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

7,449 Messages
    1,635 Likes Received
    I just saw the RICO highlights from the two preseason games and just wow.
    Monster. If he gets things figured out with Wittens tutelage....the guy is uncoverable. Body is too big and his hands too strong and I would guess he's faster than Witten. I see why folks are excited about him. He pans out with his potential along with Jaylon and Tapper and our 2016 draft puts most of jimmys drafts to shame.

Bullflop, guag and haleyrules like this.
  17. coogrfan

coogrfan Well-Known Member

2,281 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    I was extremely skeptical about this kid when we picked him up, but I must admit I'm intrigued by what we've seen so far.

Bullflop likes this.
  18. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler

12,943 Messages
    8,464 Likes Received
    I admit that I shamed Dallas for drafting a kid who hadn't played organized football since JH. I just did not see his potential except for his size.

He is growing on me, love his hands while the rest can be worked on. He will make the 53 just not sure he dresses for the first half of the season yet, but that might change because we will have a few suspended.....depends on who else they keep to cover the holes.

Hanna looks to be the odd man out at this point.

19. mortboy

mortboy Active Member

963 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    That's what Faulk said during the game last night. When he said it I was wondering where he came up with that time. First I had heard it being that fast.

Jarv likes this.
  20. underdark

underdark Member

503 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Goal line - Dez, Rico, Butler. There has to be a short cornerback somewhere back there.

Kaiser and wrongway like this.