1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Pure Gut feeling but FEEL strong Dallas will this in 1st Round:

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by garyv, Apr 19, 2011.

1. garyv

garyv Well-Known Member

1,480 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Pure Gut feeling but FEEL strong Dallas will do this in 1st Round:

Trade Down; add a 2nd or 3rd Rounder and select Mike Pouncey
  2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

32,786 Messages
    1,038 Likes Received
    I don't like it for the simple fact that we need a tackle and tackles are harder to come by combined with the fact that there are several tackles to be had in *this* draft.

Good guards / centers prospects can be found in the second round, with tackles, your best bet is the first round.

Don't screw this up Jerry. Get a tackle in the first.
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,626 Messages
    1,579 Likes Received
    As long as we come away with a starting quality guard, RT and Kenrick Ellis, I really don't care about the rest of the draft. :laugh2:
  4. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,667 Messages
    1,229 Likes Received
    Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Guard is almost as big a need as tackle, since Davis really sucked it up last year and his future here is short.

But I hope they don't take Pouncey because they have faith in Barron or Young as a starting tackle.
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,626 Messages
    1,579 Likes Received
    Drafting a quality RT in the second round shouldn't be too difficult. As long as we don't get cute and draft a Brewster or Marten, it's certainly doable.
  6. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Unless Pouncey is being drafted in the mid to late 20's, I'd probably hate it.

He isnt an elite prospect. He's a decent one. He also doesnt have the talent for the C position his brother had.

RT is a far bigger need, and I like seevral of thsoe guys way more than Piouncey. Also like alot of the DE's more than Pouncey.
  7. Sam I Am

32,786 Messages
    1,038 Likes Received
    I think the only highly potential tackle that I think could fall to the 2nd would be Solder and thats if a zone blocking team doesn't draft him in the first.

IMO, we need to grab, Smith, Sherrod, Castonzo, or Carimi in the first.
  8. Sam I Am

32,786 Messages
    1,038 Likes Received
    I think he is smaller and has shorter arms to boot.
  9. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,667 Messages
    1,229 Likes Received
    I would probably be disappointed with Pouncey too. I mean, we have a really high draft pick for the first time in a while and we need to take advantage of that. Ending up with a guard drafted in the 20s (when there are very good ones available later in the draft) would be a real wasted opportunity.
  10. casmith07

casmith07 Attorney-at-Zone

28,481 Messages
    3,950 Likes Received
    They're twins.
  11. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,626 Messages
    1,579 Likes Received
    Maybe.

I think Carpenter would make a great RT for us, and if not for having a mammoth already in Davis, I'd consider Cannon as a RT as well. Marcus Gilbert is another guy I think can play RT for us.

I'm not locked into HAVING to take a tackle in the first because the most important tackle position, LT, we have in Free, who we still need to resign.
  12. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,220 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    I would not be surprised as Dallas really likes him alot.....
  13. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Carpenter and Cannon are good fall-backs in my opinion too. Both have played LT, both can play RT and both can probably move inside to play RG or LG as well.
  14. Sam I Am

32,786 Messages
    1,038 Likes Received
    Yet he is still smaller with shorter arms.
  15. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

6,110 Messages
    484 Likes Received
  16. Sam I Am

32,786 Messages
    1,038 Likes Received
    Odd, he must have lost 14lbs before the combine, because was 318lbs.

I read a lot of comparisons of the two and they all said Mike was smaller with shorter arms. ...and definitely the lessor talented of the two brothers.

I still take Smith before I trade back for him.
  17. This is Our Year

This is Our Year Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike

1,398 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    My gut feel is Peterson. I felt the same way about Dez last year and we traded up a few spots to get him. I have the same feel about PP this year.
  18. Sam I Am

32,786 Messages
    1,038 Likes Received
    I think PP is gone within the top 5 picks providing Buffalo doesn't draft Cam Newton. (I can't imagine Ron Rivera is that stupid) Even then, I actually think Denver grabs PP.
  19. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

6,110 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    you should probably stop reading scouting reports from those poeple then.

I think Maurkice is the better of the two but they ar the same build in every way. They are identical twins. Mike will be a solid pro OG but not a C.
  20. Sam I Am

32,786 Messages
    1,038 Likes Received
    Ha! Thats funny.