1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

QB Brock Osweiler

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboysfan31, Nov 25, 2011.

1. cowboysfan31

cowboysfan31 Active Member

1,292 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I tuned in to the ASU-Cal game to check out Burfict, but instead QB Brock Osweiler is stealing the show. He's listed at 6'8" 240lbs. He is athletic and has a sniper arm. Deadly accurate so far tonight everywhere; short, long, from sideline to sideline. He threw 1 INT to a CB that dropped into zone coverage that he didn't see, but other than that he has looked like a stud. He is only a JR, but I would be all for us taking him in the 1st if he comes out.
  2. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received

You're not alone. I've liked Osweiler as a developmental QB prospect for awhile. He's actually having a very solid year and has made strides every season he's played. I have a feeling though he may stay his senior season to continue his development and position himself better in a draft (2013) that won't have Luck, Barkley, et cetera.
  3. cowboysfan31

cowboysfan31 Active Member

1,292 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I think you are right in that he may stay, but I wonder what would happen if Erickson is fired and they decide to clean house at ASU? Arizona State seemed to be a rather undisciplined team overall tonight, and the announcers were making it seem like there may be changes this offseason. The 2013 draft could be even deeper than this year's class of QBs. With USC not being able to go to a bowl game this year, I think Barkley could come back. Then you possibly have RGIII and Tyler Wilson plus possible unclassmen that could declare such as Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray, and Casey Paschall.
  4. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,816 Messages
    1,030 Likes Received
    I've not seen this kid play, so he may change my mind, but when I see 6' 8" I cringe. I've seen a few of those guys come out over the years, some who were supposed to be "athletic", and every one of them proved to be a stiff in the end.
  5. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dan MacGwire was the tallest QB to play in the league at 6'8". That was back in the early 90s.

Joe Flacco is 6'6" I believe.

Osweiler is no Mike Vick, but he certainly isn't Vinny Testerverde on his feet either. He's athletic enough.
  6. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    he doesn't have the long slow release you would expect from a tall guy... good prospect
  7. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,833 Messages
    188 Likes Received
    He has very good intangibles and leadership qualities as well. Another interesting tidbit is that he originally committed to Gonzaga on a basketball scholarship.