1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

QB ranking by tier including Romo

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ufcrules1, Feb 4, 2013.

1. joshjwp

joshjwp Member

194 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    I never said Romo is elite. I do think he is at the very top of the next group though. Romo is going through the same bs that happened to Peyton Manning before he won his Superbowl. Does anyone else remember all of the "yeah Peyton Manning is good...but..." convos that used to happen back in the day? As soon as he won just one, everyone shuts up. Even though ever since he has been back to losing big games (because his teams just haven't been that great around him).

Does anyone think Eli is better than Peyton because he has 1 more ring? God I hope not. If Peyton hadn't won that 1 people probably would have said it though.

It is dumb to put too much weight in Superbowls. Peyton is one of, if not THE best player of all time. Eli isn't even in the top 5 QUARTERBACKS playing TODAY.
  2. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,247 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    Maybe because he put us in a hole/ played horribly early in the game and the other team had such a big lead that they played soft prevent defense? Just off the top of my head, that happened against NYG and Was. I'm sure it happened in plenty of other games too. Those 2 games really stand out though. Romo didn't show up until the 3rd quarter against Washington, and he put us in a deep hole 23-0 within the first 2 quarters against NYG.
  3. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,391 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    What was Jon Kitna's record here?
  4. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,722 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    When Romo had a punctured lung and had to sit out? Jon Kitna was a great backup QB.
    ;)
  5. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,930 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received

So every opinion I have that you don't agree with you just chalk it up to me having a brain fart? lol What makes you think you're not the one having the brain fart? :) Apparently you must have thought I was having a brain fart last week when I said Larry Allen would be a shoe-in first ballot Hall of Famer and to book it because you didn't agree. :cool: I've never once claimed I'm smarter than anyone else it's those who have agreed with me that have made that claim.

Everyone thinks someone is smart when they agree with you it's only when they don't that they think you're stupid. I do research, study the team/NFL and look at trends. I'm an objective fan which takes my heart out of the equation enabling me to judge the Cowboys and Romo honestly. Your problem is you twist a lot of what I say because you have an agenda. You just claimed I blamed Romo for the season finale loss to Washington when I have several posts in this thread claiming that loss wasn't all on him that it was a team effort.

Instead of always glossing my posts try actually taking the time to read them rather than putting your own spin on everything to fit your agenda. You shake your head at a lot of my opinions most of which are supported by facts. You don't do any research so if you're always going to question my opinions try doing some of your own and post some facts that support your views. Anyone can disagree and spin a bunch of nonsense let's see some facts.
  6. KJJ

11,930 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    Romo's situation hasn't been that bad he's had talent around him his entire career especially at the skill positions. He's had pro bowl receivers and a pro bowl TE who's a future Hall of Famer. If Romo's situation wasn't pretty good he wouldn't be putting up the numbers we see every year. No matter who the coach has been Romo has had turnover issues under all of them. So what would be the right situation for Romo?
  7. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,883 Messages
    997 Likes Received
    Romo doesn't have turnover issues, genius. That's Eli Manning you're thinking of. Quit making things up.
  8. KJJ

11,930 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    Romo doesn't have turnover issues??? You may be in bigger denial than any FAN I've seen on this board. :rolleyes:
  9. Super_Kazuya

1,883 Messages
    997 Likes Received
    Statistically, Romo is about as middle of the pack as you can get in turnovers when compared to active quarterbacks. Neither great, nor awful. This is fact, do your homework.

But wait, I'm sure what you really mean is he has turnover issues in some kind of magical "big game when it all matters most elimination win or go home game" played in "primetime" when the other team is feeling a lot of "pressure". Lord knows what to make of your magical stats and concepts you make up. Either way, I do find it entertaining.
  10. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    You can't fix stupid! Just ignore the person IMO.

It's basically this: :horse:
  11. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,612 Messages
    1,874 Likes Received
    7 Years and counting. Good luck going a decade with no rings, 1 maybe 2 playoff wins when it's all said and done, I'll wait it out for the real QB to come once Jones is finished pimping him out.
  12. KJJ

11,930 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    You need to do your homework it's his ill-timed turnovers primarily those that have occurred in Dec/Jan that have given him his reputation for folding. Again this isn't bashing him it's providing you with a fact. He's had a 11 turnovers in the 6 elimination games he's lost that's a troubling stat and anyone who knows football will tell you that. The only elimination game he won he didn't turn the ball over....coincidence? t's not always how many turnovers a QB has it's when they occur.

When a QB starts turning the ball over in do or die games especially on the road in a hostile environment it will end in a loss most of the time. Eli's had a lot of turnovers some real boneheaded ones during his career but during his 2 SB runs (8 elimination games) he only had 2 turnovers compared to 15 TD passes. In 4 elimination games including the SB Flacco had 11 TD passes and ZERO turnovers.

If you don't think there's a correlation between turnovers and losing especially do or die games then you need do start doing some research. I'm not putting all the blame on Romo for the 6 elimination game losses but only a FAN who's in extreme denial will deny his 11 turnovers didn't have some impact on the outcome of those games. Rarely will you see a QB win an elimination game having more turnovers than TD's.

I find it entertaining how you and the other FAN just look for something to argue about even though neither one of you has any facts or stats to back up your opinions. You can do all the research you want and you won't come up with anything to refute what I've stated.
  13. Super_Kazuya

1,883 Messages
    997 Likes Received
    For the last time, I have no idea what you're talking about with your made up elimination game nonsense. Romo has played in 121 regular season games and 4 playoff games. There's no such thing as elimination games, it's just something you made up with your own magical definition. I tried to find Bart Starr's elimination game record. I tried to find Joe Montana's elimination game record. It doesn't exist, because it's made up.

I couldn't care less about some deranged fan cherry picking games out of someone's career to prove their ridiculous cases. I simply made a statement to dispel your misnformation. I said that Romo is firmly middle of the pack among active quarterbacks (just behind Brees and just ahead of Roethlisberger) when it comes to turnovers. An educated fan will do the research and find it to be true. If they also believe your made up silliness that's fine too.
  14. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Can we ban or suspend this condescending and disrespectful person?
  15. KJJ

11,930 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received

:facepalm:
  16. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

745 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    I sometimes have to wonder how/why people have such an emotional attachment to Romo? Like, its slightly frightening. I feel like some posters would gladly take bullets for Romo if given the opportunity.

Odd stuff...
  17. Super_Kazuya

1,883 Messages
    997 Likes Received
    But let me guess, you find Romo haters who would fire the gun at Romo if given the opportunity perfectly normal. :rolleyes: One group helped to make the mods adopt a new ban policy, the other did not. I'll let you guess which.

Now that's "odd stuff".
  18. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,472 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Yea, the defense giving up a trillion yards rushing didnt have any affect on anything.:rolleyes:

We get it dude, you hate Romo. Maybe after Romo retires and we go back to the days of post-Aikman and discussing who our top 10 pick will be every year, people will think a little more highly of what Romo did for this franchise.
  19. Beast_from_East

15,472 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    You mean after Romo got his collarbone broke in the game against the Giants when Boley came unblocked and power slammed him into the turf and was out the season?

Oh I forgot, the problem is Romo and not the oline:rolleyes:
  20. Beast_from_East

15,472 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    We had 17 different starting QBs between Aikman and Romo.

What makes you so sure "a real QB" is not going to take another 17 starters to find? Hope you got some snacks put up, might be a hell of a long wait.

:lmao2: