1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

QB ranking by tier including Romo

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ufcrules1, Feb 4, 2013.

1. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,638 Messages
    168 Likes Received
    And a 55% completion percentage. I will say this though Flacco's skill guys make him look really good most of the time.
  2. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,303 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Personally, I think Eli Manning may be the most over rated QB in the entire NFL. If Eli was playing for the Dallas Cowboys most of you would claw your eyes out of your head and beg to have Tony Romo back. In no way, shape or form is Eli better than Romo.
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,097 Messages
    1,267 Likes Received
    Anyone trying to claim Rookie QBs will continue to perform as they did is an idiot. Some get better and some get worse. There have been rookie QBs that looked good and then ended up stinking. you never know.

I think your readings are pretty close in Tier 1 & 2. We all saw how Brees was nowhere near the monster he was in 2011 this year. That should tell SOME people here that the QB is only PART of the team which includes the coaching staff. But SOME here just never get that.
  4. CitySlicker202

CitySlicker202 Member

92 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Someone has to convey the hard truth about Romo. He has as many Super Bowls as Marino, Moon, and Kelly......but isn't ANYWHERE NEAR as talented as the aforementioned names.

Flacco may not pass everyone's eye test, but he flat out killed this postseason throwing 10+ Tds with NO Interceptions (3 of the TDs in the Superbowl win).

As of right now, even Flacco is better than Romo with more playoff success and a Title to show for it. It's not trolling, it's simply stating the facts.
  5. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,265 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    This.
  6. Dhragon

Dhragon Deadly Claws of Death

1,288 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    I'll help the Op out and give him what he is asking for, LOL.
    Now this is just to compare QBs "Apples to Apples" if all had the same team around them (in this case the Cowboys) instead of "Apples to Oranges" where you are judging just the QB but using different teams which influence the position's effectiveness greatly.

Greater than Romo Tier (QBs who would have performed better than Romo if they were the QB of the Cowboys instead of Romo)

Peyton Manning ( He makes everyone on the offense better.)

Aaron Rodgers ( He is mobile so could survive our O-line and is better than Romo)

Colin Kaepernick (Only if Red would use the Read option - not sure he would)

RG3 (See Kaepernick statement)

Russell Wilson (Ditto on him as above)

Romo Tier (QBs who would perform just as good as Romo if the QB of the Cowboys instead of Romo)

Drew Brees ( a Romo clone IMO. Slightly better but not by enough to count IMO )

Matt Ryan (good QB who is in danger of becoming another Romo perception "choker")

Ben Roethlisberger (when healthy can escape trouble and perform well. Unfortunately not a quality person off the field and I'd hate him to be our QB)

Lesser than Romo Tier (QBs who would not have done as well as Romo if they were the QB of the Cowboys instead of Romo)

Tom Brady (would not survive with our O-line or without Belicheat. Of course, put Romo on the Patriots and Romo wouldn't do half as good as Brady. Brady fits that system very well. Ours - he would fail)

Eli Manning (Not a fan. He needs a really good team around him to win. He wouldn't win in Dallas as QB)

All others
  7. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,373 Messages
    1,369 Likes Received
    That kind of does not make sense if you say compare "apples-to-apples" with other factors staying the same. Why put in the rookies knowing Garrett would run his same offense?

With all factors staying the exact same, I can only see one QB make a difference and that is Rodgers, maybe. Peyton would get obliterated behind our line IMO. Wilson might be a good fit as well here, but that is harder to determine at this point in time.

I'll still take my chances with Romo, especially if he gets O-line help.
  8. DMAC

DMAC Member

285 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Drew Brees can make throws Romo can only dream of throwing. Not a more accurate passer in the ghame than Brees.

Only slighty better than Romo :lmao:
  9. weaver21

weaver21 Member

627 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Some of you are gonna get hit with cold hard reality when Romo leaves and we're gonna be scrambling for quarterback after quarterback just like when Aikman left. Romo is the only damn reason we're even relevant anymore and some of you can't grasp that fact. Sure, he may have a tendency to choke during big games, but maybe that's due to the fact he thinks he needs to do everything himself. Guy is stuck with a freakin' idiot coach and a pop warner offensive line and he still manages to keep us in playoff contention year after year. It's laughable that some of you think some rookie quarterback is gonna come in here and do better than Romo. It's absurd.
  10. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,740 Messages
    1,172 Likes Received
    Why bother, bro?

You cannot correct tunnel vision, and some of these fans have tunnel vision for Romo! Everything is his fault.

Hell, Aikman and Staubach have come out and said how much of a quality QB Romo is, so if they don't listen to them, they are not listening to nobody!

:cool:
  11. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

1,473 Messages
    337 Likes Received
    He is a fumbling machine anyone who watches pro ball with a sense of reality knows Romo is much better .
  12. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,712 Messages
    1,056 Likes Received
    This wasn't a bash Romo thread but Romo's fans came here and assumed that. It was really just a simple thread discussing where we all rank the current QB's in the league based on our opinions. The season ended and there were some changes in my mind to the list, so I made it. I like to see where everyone ranks the QB's.
  13. 5Stars

25,740 Messages
    1,172 Likes Received
    :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

:rolleyes:
  14. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,712 Messages
    1,056 Likes Received
    You see, that is what makes some fans love Romo. They fear we are screwed without him and that isn't true. We could get a Colin Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck, RG3, Andy Dalton, type player(s) etc. Yes, for years our team drafted poorly and Romo was better than all of those ex QB's, but that doesn't mean we always have to keep drafting poorly at the QB position. We got a good deal on Romo and he is a huge success story for being an undrafted free agent but quite honestly, he chokes in high pressure situations and he is getting old. To say a guy like Colin, Russell Wilson, RG3 etc couldn't have success here is simply not true.
  15. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,162 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received
    Stafford fumbled 3 times in 2012 and fumbled 3 times in 2011.

Romo fumbled 3 times in 2012 and fumbled 5 times in 2011.

Not sure what to make of your "fumbling machine" comment.

Listen, I'm not a huge fan of Stafford, however, his 5000 yard passing, 30 TDs passing, and 16 interceptions average per season over the past two years are impressive from a statistical perspective.
  16. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,168 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Romo is in the top tier 1, he is better than all those QBs.
  17. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,505 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    Tier 1

Brady
    Rodgers
    Peyton Manning
    Drew Brees

Tier 2
    Big Ben
    Tony Romo
    Eli Manning
    Matt Ryan
    Matt Shuab
    Joe Flacco
    Matt Stafford

Tier 3
    Andy Dalton
    Russell Wilson
    RG3
    Andrew Luck
    Colin Kapernick
    Phillip River

Tier 4
    Everyone else
  18. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,199 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    That's about right. Romo is only a star in Dallas, that's it.
  19. 5Stars

25,740 Messages
    1,172 Likes Received
    How embarrassing...you agreeing with Rampage, err...ufcrules1.

:laugh2:
  20. weaver21

weaver21 Member

627 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Why are you even on this board? All you do is bash the Cowboys. Might as well become an Eagles or Giants fan if you want to do that all the time.