1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

QB ranking by tier including Romo

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ufcrules1, Feb 4, 2013.

1. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,720 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    How do you know he's not? :laugh2:

I'm not even sure if some of our "Cowboy fans" on this board are really Cowboy fans!
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,580 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    Everyone who posted in this thread... got sucked.
  3. KoolAde2

KoolAde2 New Member

20 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How can all of you keep saying Brady #1 when he has lost his last two SB and hasn't won one since 2004. So if its the QB he should have won at least a couple more since then. I know you let the Football media tell you.
    At least Rodgers won one in 2010 but only one. So how it is he rates so high. Its a joke how some QB's get glory for one win or a couple win 10 years ago in the SB. It seems to me it takes more of a team than just the QB.
    Flacco will get all the Glory yesterday but Jones bailed him out twice. Once on a Kickoff return for 108 yds and then the Pass where to catch he had to fall down and got up and ran into the Endzone.
  4. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,646 Messages
    691 Likes Received
    Pretty solid list. Each year more and more Quarterbacks leapfrog Romo. The highest I had him was top 7, then 10, now hes somewhere between 12-15.
  5. 5Stars

26,720 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    But...we got sucked within the guidelines!

It's like getting bitten by some endangered species of whatever...you can't kill the beast.

:laugh2:
  6. 5Stars

26,720 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    I have Romo somewhere at about 23 on the QB list.

:nana:
  7. boyzjunkie

boyzjunkie Active Member

247 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    There needs to be a little thumbs up thingy here cause this sure rates one (or many)
  8. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

5,026 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    Who is around the QB matters.

Dilfter was maybe a Tier 3 on your scale, but he has a ring.
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,176 Messages
    2,237 Likes Received
    :romothumbsup:
  10. HappyOnions

HappyOnions Datwin

904 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    The right answer is somewhere between the Romo haters and the Romo homers...

He's not better than Brady, Rogers, Brees, either Manning, Big Ben, or Flacco

He's right there with Rivers, Stafford, Ryan, Cutler, Luck, RG3, Wilson, Kaepernick, Carson Palmer, Dalton, Vick

He's better than guys like Alex Smith, Newton, Freeman, Ponder, Schaub, Tanehill, Fitzpatrick, Sanchez, Weeden, and the rest.

He is what he is, he's a great talent, but he hasn't proved to be a winner like the top tier QBs. If Romo can win a Super Bowl then he will definitely cement his place in that top tier but without even a deep playoff run and probably a ring, he won't ever ascend higher than he is now.
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    no matter what you do you cannot match UFCRULES as the #1 Romo hater so you might as well quit trying
  12. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,150 Messages
    2,673 Likes Received
    Yea, anybody that has freaking Stafford ranked ahead of Romo seriously needs to learn the game.

And when did Cam lead the Panthers to the playoffs? I guess I missed it.
  13. Ring Leader

Ring Leader Active Member

872 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    :lmao2: Just priceless.
  14. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,646 Messages
    691 Likes Received
    :laugh1: Love it.
  15. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,274 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    :post:
  16. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    How is that a joke. The guy is great. He has a worse offensive line than we do. The guy made the playoffs. How is him being #1 a joke?
  17. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,371 Messages
    302 Likes Received
    What you have to understand is that the prime years for a quarterback are 26 to 31. The NFL quarterback picture has been incredibly stable for several years (Brady, Manning, Brees, etc), but right now, it's transitioning. The star qbs are getting old and the new star quarterbacks are young, with a relatively weak prime (Flacco, Ryan, Alex Smith, etc.). In a month Big Ben will leave that group, leaving only Aaron Rodgers as a star.

In two-ish years, the elite quarterback picture will look entirely different than it does now.
  18. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    I have Romo #29 on the QB list. The guy sucks! Bench him!

*sarcasm off
  19. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,111 Messages
    1,370 Likes Received
    Thank you on the list. I agree with your post as well. At one time he was top 7 but as the years tick by he has been dropping. I have him sitting at #15 which is middle of the pack.
  20. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,111 Messages
    1,370 Likes Received
    Yup, I would agree with that. The list will look completely different in 2 years.