1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Question for Parchy.......

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by scrives, Jun 6, 2006.

1. scrives

scrives Member

197 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We are starting to hear a lot of speculation concering Henson because of BP's comments.(NFL Network) I wanted to ask you how he looked and what do you feel the organization is thinking? I apprecaite your inside info. Thanks.
  2. parchy

parchy New Member

2,252 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I wrote this bit about Henson in mini camp a couple of days ago. Hope it helps.

[FONT=&quot]Fourth-string quarterback Jeff Mroz had an impressive Sunday morning practice, completing all of his passes but one. Drew Henson, on the other hand, looked shaky early on and only managed to settle down once practice concluded around noon. While Romo and Bledsoe took their snaps simultaneously with the first and second team offenses, quarterbacks coach Chris Palmer had Henson working out with the third team on his own, which allowed the coaches more one-on-one time with him to iron out his game

[/FONT]As far as what the organization is thinking, only BP knows. But he doesn't beat around the bush, and the fact that Henson is #3 on the depth chart should tell you all you need to know right now.
  3. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,514 Messages
    4,752 Likes Received
    Not only is he third, he doesn't appear to be moving from there any time soon I would guess.
  4. MONT17

MONT17 New Member

3,269 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    another question??? actually a 2 part... do u think Henson will/can clear waivers and is he eligible for the Practice squad!
  5. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    No he is not eligible for PC, since he was active for more than 9 games in NFL. No way he clears wavers.
  6. Mash

Mash Active Member

4,061 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think if Henson does get released......and stranger things have happened....Morz could be a pleasent surprise.

Henson will travel the same path as Hutchinson....and within 2 years....be out of the league and coaching pee wee baseball....

JMHO
  7. scrives

scrives Member

197 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks Parchy. I really apprecaite it. At this point, if I were the Jerry and Henson(his boy) does not win backup I would pick up Bledso on another 2year contract and draft my own next april. Or pray Romo is the real deal. Romo does remind me of Chad Pennington and you know who drafted him.
  8. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received

And they might just do that I guess. Well, it has to be one of the guys who is the one for future, if not it will have put Cowboys in a bind. Unless Parcells leaves and the new coach has to start all over then.
  9. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,984 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    And Chad Pennington has done exactly what? He had one pretty good year. And it isn't just about injuries with him either. In fact, he was exposed during the playoffs in his best season. Less than NFL arm strength equals major limitations at some point. Or, bus driver.
  10. scrives

scrives Member

197 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Exactly rcaldw! Thats my point nothing specialn and BP drafted Him. Go figure!!!! We better hope Henson cathes a fire and not a Rhein one either!!!!
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Pennington was a good QB- and was getting better untill his injuries started to pile up. Now I think he is done. That is what is so hard about drafting a QB; even when initially it looks like you got a good one things can go sour.
  12. MONT17

MONT17 New Member

3,269 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Here is my thing... I hate how things have come so easy for TOM BRADY... I would like Henson to put a "what if" in TOM BRADYs "is this all there is?" career!!! BUT its not likely...

I like Henson, I just dont like fans who try to tell me he is the future of the Cowboys! IMO, his future in football died the day he said I wanna be a baseball player!!!

he is a 1 sport athlete.. unlike Bo Jackson, Deion and Brian Jordan he needed to concentrate on football to be an NFL star!!!

thats not to say he cant be a Detmer (take your pick) in this league!