1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Question for season ticket holders

Discussion in 'Members Zone' started by ChldsPlay, Jun 14, 2005.

1. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,014 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    I bid on a pair of tickets for the Chiefs game this year on ebay, I was the high bidder, but the reserve wasn't met. The guy doing the auction emailed me and told me the reserve was $342 (or something close to that). He said it was $93 for the tickets, and then $78 per ticket for a seat license. Do you guys really have to pay this extra fee with season tickets? Would seem like a huge rip off to me. Almost paying double.
  2. Torn_ACL

Torn_ACL Member

180 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    seat license?! that's some bogus information he's throwing your way. you'll want a parking pass too, trust me...
  3. ChldsPlay

6,014 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    I thought it sounded like BS. My max bid was 200. would have been $220 since he was charging $20 for shipping. Would have been good seats.
  4. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Try this if you have fortitude. I've done it for baseball and football games and not once not scored tickets. Bring a TV and enough money to get in. Go to game bareback. Scout out for tickets and make the rounds. I've never not scored tickets. Especially where there are a lot of people dumping tickets if you have nerve, wait them out to kickoff and you get them real cheap.....

If you don't score tickets go back to car - tailgate and watch the game and have a frosty or two.

In Dallas case - can't you buy tickets direct - they are not sold out?
  5. es22

es22 Member

688 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Go to the stadium. There are plenty of tickets available. I always do the scalper thing.

My last trip to Dallas, I got 2 tickets to Emmitt's last thanksgiving game (vs WSH) and paid only $2 over cost. this was a couple of hours before the game.
    35 yard line, 20 rows up, on the dallas side.
  6. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I flew to Joe Robbie, with wife and a couple friend to see a Cowboy game circa 96 with no tickets in hand. Scored 4 tickets in parking lot no problems.....
  7. ChldsPlay

6,014 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    I will probably try something along those lines if I can't get any the old fashioned way. It's a 7+ hr. drive for me to get there, so I would prefer to get them before I go down, but the few times I have been there I have noticed plenty of guys trying to get rid of tickets.
  8. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives.

6,948 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    Good plan Nors, I've done that myself at Giants, NE and Yankee games.

After a game starts, scalpers go nutzs thinking they are going to eat a ticket. I've walked into Yankee stadiun numerous times paying $5 for good loge seats. After the 1st inning, you own the scalpers.