Question for the draft experts if you could come away from this draft with 2 CBs and a SS

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by rockj7, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

9,983 Messages
    10,712 Likes Received
    Scandrick makes 3mm

Kolemmitt likes this.
  2. Killerinstinct

Killerinstinct Well-Known Member

1,655 Messages
    1,357 Likes Received
    If you discard his prorated bonus. 5.3 mil almost is what he will make this year and next and then 5.6 mil in 2019.

Elder as a 4th rd pick would make a fraction of that. It looks like we would have to hang onto Scandrick through 2018 to get any real cap savings.

Hopefully he can play well for a couple of years.

3. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

33,688 Messages
    10,695 Likes Received
    Assuming we can't pick Lattimore, Hooker and Adams, I'd say Peppers, Humphrey and K. King.

I have been impressed with Adoree Jackson's speed, but he strikes me as a Devin Hester type.

4. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

8,335 Messages
    2,287 Likes Received
    Realistically:

Moreau and Hairston CB

Josh Jones at SS

5. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

9,983 Messages
    10,712 Likes Received
    His base salary is all that matters. His prorated bonus has already been paid.

6. Killerinstinct

Killerinstinct Well-Known Member

1,655 Messages
    1,357 Likes Received
    NO it is not all that matters. It is all part of the contract and makes him overpaid. He's not worth a 5.3 mil cap hit. I don't care when he was paid the bonus it is still part of his contract. Read the original statement.

7. manster4ever

manster4ever Well-Known Member

3,536 Messages
    1,849 Likes Received
    My GOSH some of you guys with Peppers are just clueless. He had ONE INT at U of M in 3 years. (it came on a deflection against OSU in his last game) His ball skills are horrible and he's vastly undersized. Church and Wilcox are light years ahead of this kid. He's a special teams ace at BEST. Think Devin Hester. He has no position in the NFL and most teams know it. A bad franchise like Cleveland with a ton of picks will probably reach and take him. Please stop with your crush on this kid...it is brutal in so many ways. Here's an article backing me up:

http://saturdaytradition.com/michigan-football/peppers-predraft-treatment-hackenberg/

Weirdest thing to me is that a VERY good coach (Jim Harbaugh) played him so out of position. Even Harbaugh himself admitted he is best with the ball in his hands. Well...then why didn't he have it in his hands more Jim? He isn't a safety or LB at all. He's a RB or slot WR. He would be devastating in New England's offense IMO. New Orleans and Brees would utilize him properly and it's POSSIBLE Linehan would too. He would be almost impossible to cover. The fact he wasn't used properly in Ann Arbor had to do with how many other talented players they have on Offense. There's only one ball and Peppers was recruited as a DB if I'm not mistaken.

Bottom line: he could be a VERY useful piece on ST's and at Slot WR but I don't want him anywhere NEAR our defense. He'd be a great 4th rounder. Fantastic athlete but not a dominant football player. Not saying he's Mike Mamula...but he could be.

stilltheguru88 likes this.
  8. Szczepanik

Szczepanik Well-Known Member

1,689 Messages
    1,158 Likes Received
    Peppers, Desmond King, Sidney Jones in that order. Cut Nolan Carrol when Sidney is healthy.

Perfect world , trade Romo for a 2nd and swap 3rds with Jax to pickup Jordan Willis or best avail DE along with the above.

9. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Today's Winner Of The Internet Zone Supporter

9,283 Messages
    6,816 Likes Received
    3? Hard to say. Dont know that they draft that many DB's in the first 4 rounds so Ill go with a combo of two different senarios

1) Peppers then Sidney Jones at 60. Thats a risk the Jones make. There will be cuts after the draft they will be able to bring more depth in. Right now you are only looking for CB#3 or CB#4. The need is more long term then short term

2) Adoree Jackson the Josh Jones at 60. Jones may be wishfull thinking at this point. Adoree will probably start the season as our CB#4 and finish ahead of Carroll in the pecking order. Gives them a game changing ST player while he is being groomed in subs. Jones would likely be our starter at SS and make a potentially dynamic pairing with Heath in Dime

rockj7 likes this.
  10. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Today's Winner Of The Internet Zone Supporter

9,283 Messages
    6,816 Likes Received
    Adoree can be groomed into a good CB. Wont happen his first year. Although he is a playmaker and is a good enough CB right now to be on the field in some subs.

stilltheguru88 likes this.
  11. rockj7

rockj7 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,079 Messages
    1,472 Likes Received
    Darth it's been a long time since we could say this but I can see our DB coaches being able to coach up a talent like Adoree

stilltheguru88 and darthseinfeld like this.
  12. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

16,417 Messages
    2,460 Likes Received
    1). War Daddy - Safety
    2) CB-
    3) CB-

I'm in your boat lol

rockj7 likes this.
  13. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

7,247 Messages
    7,002 Likes Received
    IMO Jackson is a much better corner than Hester ever was. Got a lot better his junior year too, forced 6 turnovers. Has football speed and plays the ball, how badly have we need that at corner, especially if we want to play more zone. I don't think there's any doubt he's probably also going to be one of the best returners in the league.

Guy just makes plays. I think his floor is a very good #2. Between all his positives, having some serious speed in the young secondary with Jones+Brown, forcing more TO's in one season than probably Carr+Claiborne over the last 3 years combined, and his return skills, I think he'd be a fantastic piece to add. We've needed some playmakers at CB and in the return game for who knows how long. Good weapon to build around.

The more I study him, the more I come to the conclusion that barring some crazy talent falling to us, he's who I'd take. I wouldn't think twice about it.

rockj7, stilltheguru88 and reddyuta like this.
  14. jaybeware

jaybeware New Member

19 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Agreed..."For victory...for the future!!!"

CowboyFan74 likes this.
  15. timb2

timb2 Active Member

369 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    I have mocked

2nd round Fabian Moreau CB UCLA,
    4th round-Tedric Thompson SS Colorado,
    7th round-Josh Thornton CB Southern Utah

Rockdoc likes this.
  16. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

41,957 Messages
    28,586 Likes Received
    If forced--

1st Round - Budda Baker (Peppers if he slips)
    3rd Round - Akhello Witherspoon
    6th Round - Brian Allen

Rockdoc and rockj7 like this.
  17. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

33,688 Messages
    10,695 Likes Received
    He'll be available at #28. I'm pretty sure of that, unless the Raiders pull one of their notorious gambles.

18. Rockdoc

Rockdoc Active Member

378 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    is adoree jackson the one with the achilles?