1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Question for the Liberal Side

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ABQCOWBOY, Aug 28, 2009.

1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,038 Messages
    1,908 Likes Received
    I am confused on what the position is for the Liberals on Healthcare Coverage for Illegals. Not asking Conservatives here. I already know what you believe on this. Primarily want to gain a better understanding of what the Liberals actually think of this issue.

Are most of you for providing coverage to illegals or are you not in favor of that?

Thank you,
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,023 Messages
    750 Likes Received
    You will have to wait till Miles/Rat/Ioz makes his newest username

My guess is it will have felix in it.
  3. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,517 Messages
    392 Likes Received
    They're human beings, you have to take care of them.
  4. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,361 Messages
    568 Likes Received

Why must WE have to take care of them?
  5. ABQCOWBOY

35,038 Messages
    1,908 Likes Received
    I'm primarily asking Liberals that are citizens of the U.S. While I appriciate your opinion, it doesn't provide me with any better understanding of the issue because you are not effected by this. Not trying to be rude Canadian. I'm just trying to understand a bit better.
  6. CanadianCowboysFan

15,517 Messages
    392 Likes Received
    to be fair, you asked Liberals and I am member of the Liberal Party of Canada

:cool:

If you had asked "liberals", I wouldn't have answered ;)
  7. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    There's about 6.5 billion human beings on the planet. Is it the responsibility of the United States government to "take care of" each and every single one?

Maybe Canada's government can start contributing to the U.S. Treasury to help us "take care of" the rest of the world. Would you support that? Or are we supposed to foot the bill all on our own?
  8. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,361 Messages
    568 Likes Received

you are still welcomed to answer my question. For me its not where you are from, but your mindset. So answer away.
  9. zrinkill

33,023 Messages
    750 Likes Received

:hammer:
  10. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    When I was 16, I had a part time job at a video store that also rented adult films. One day I was not paying attention, as 16 years olds tend to do, and put Felix the Cat (adult film cartoon version) back in the children's section. Needless to say the parent that walked in on their kids watching that was not very happy. When he came back in, I suggested he should check the titles of the movies his kids are renting. I did not work there long.
  11. CanadianCowboysFan

15,517 Messages
    392 Likes Received
    would you rather an illegal who is ill spread his diseases to legals instead of treating him/her?

remember, it is in your best interest to treat illegals because diseases do not check your immigration/citizenship status.
  12. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I am highly against health care coverage for illegals. We have no obligation to treat illegals. In fact, my position is that as soon as an illegal alien shows up to the ER needing treatment, the first thing that should be done is contact immigration services so they can be transported back to their country, where they can obtain medical services there.
  13. CanadianCowboysFan

15,517 Messages
    392 Likes Received
    Nice,
  14. ABQCOWBOY

35,038 Messages
    1,908 Likes Received
    I understand. It was my error and I apologize. I was not specific enough. I'm simply trying to understand. It is my opinion that Nationalized Healthcare is going to fail and if that happens, it will be an opportunity to work towards something that might be more bi-partisan. I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the fundamental differences in each sides position. What are the deal breakers, if you will. If this can be done in a none confrontational way, then I think we are all the better for it.
  15. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    Please have the courage to answer my questions, instead of ignoring them and just responding with questions of your own. Once you do so, I will be glad to answer each and every single one of yours. Thank you.
  16. zrinkill

33,023 Messages
    750 Likes Received
    I would rather arrest him/her and deport him/her like the criminal he/she is.
  17. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    That's what quarantines are for.
  18. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    I have heard the libs claims that we are spending approximately $7600 per person in the US on health care. 25 million illegals X $7600 is $190,000,000,000. A $190 billion would go a long way to helping those poor unfortunate Americans. Just a thought.
  19. CanadianCowboysFan

15,517 Messages
    392 Likes Received
    People do not like change so I am not surprised that many in the US are opposed to a national health care plan. It doesn't help that many who are opposed are using inflammatory terms (see Glen Beck basically comparing Obama to Mao Tse Tung".

the illegal issue is a tough one for anyone to get around. Would I personally want to pay money to care for someone who doesn't pay tax, no, but it is already happening for you.

There are a ton of people in the US who don't pay tax, or who have income they hide etc. They are ripping you off as much as the illegal.

I still see the bill failing in the US though.

Apparently Canada had the same issues when we brought in our system.

Would you feel better if as up here, the federal government sets the minimum standards but the states run it? Here the provinces determine how to spend the health money.

Quebec is going to fund IVF treatments, in BC where I live, my wife and I had to pay our own for example.
  20. ABQCOWBOY

35,038 Messages
    1,908 Likes Received
    At some point, reality has to meet with expectation. We don't have the resources to do what you suggest IMO. I mean, I would be all for helping every human being in the world if it were something that we could do, as a country, without putting our own citizens or economy at risk. That is not feasable. This is exactly why I am interested in U.S. Liberal opinions. They have to live with the decisions we make. Canada, not so much.