1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Quick! Im debating Emmitt vs Barry on ESPN boards and I need a quote...

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by EMMITTnROY, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    My own opinion. I think Sanders was the best pure runner with his cutting ability, vision and great acceleration I think Emmitt was the best overall RB between the 2 with his ability to run between the tackles as well as outside, his ability to pick up blitzers and his toughness in short yardage or goal line situations. I respect Sanders ability but I said it then and I'll say it now I would take Emmitt Smith over Sanders any day of the week
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,048 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    I love when people say IF Barry had this or IF Barry had that ......

Fact is that in all these What IF situations BO JACKSON would have ruled all running backs IF he would have concetrated on Football and not had that horrible injury.

That guy was the greatest Football player ever ..... period.

Since he didnt do that .... and since Barry didnt do anything ..... and since Payton did not do it ......

Emmitt is the best .....
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    I think Bo could have gone down as the best RB in NFL history had it not been for his injury.
  4. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh, I read it. Not that I needed to, as you obviously did. You acted like you knew what the hell you were talking about, was called on your bluff, and now your intellect is more reliable than the definition? Ok, THAT makes sense.... :rolleyes:

Backpedaling much?
  5. Thomas82

Thomas82 Active Member

1,221 Messages
    24 Likes Received

Very well put
  6. Thomas82

Thomas82 Active Member

1,221 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Come to think of it, that was the exact same line that Emmitt had to work with in his rookie season the following year, and STILL made the Pro Bowl.
  7. Thomas82

Thomas82 Active Member

1,221 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    The record book is telling the truth.