Quitting tobacco today

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by negativecreep, Apr 19, 2017.

1. negativecreep

negativecreep Well-Known Member

1,163 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    Thanks my friend :) I will defiantly start checking this out online...not a bad investment if I can save my lunges.

2. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

5,488 Messages
    2,996 Likes Received
    I know we all have our vices, but man I can't imagine spending that much for those things. How much are Marlboros? 5 something?
    Smoking was one bad habit I never seemed to pickup

3. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and brew... Staff Member

25,203 Messages
    12,537 Likes Received
    My wife stopped smoking with the use of hypnosis. Didn't think it would work but sure enough...... It did.

4. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Well-Known Member

2,662 Messages
    1,992 Likes Received
    I don't know anything about patches. Just wanted to voice my support. Best of luck to you. I hear self hypnosis helps.

5. AmarilloCowboyFan

AmarilloCowboyFan Well-Known Member

2,507 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    More like $8.00 a pack around here.

6. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,714 Messages
    1,020 Likes Received
    You should have slipped the Doc something under the table to get him to program in a "Get me a PBR" command while she was under. Stuff like that's handy.

7. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and brew... Staff Member

25,203 Messages
    12,537 Likes Received
    I like the way you think! ;)

8. Dallas_Cowboys50

Dallas_Cowboys50 Well-Known Member

1,263 Messages
    1,094 Likes Received
    coming up on May 3rd will be my 4 yr anniversary for quittin cold turkey. Its funny cause I never actually set out to quit, it just kinda happened and after a few days I was like "holy crap, that wasnt actually that hard"......I do however still have dreams/nightmares where I start up again lol. And sometimes when I get extra drunk theres a strong urge, but so far Ive never gave in.

9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

68,466 Messages
    25,491 Likes Received
    I told my wife to smoke one less cig every week until she was able to walk away.

10. negativecreep

1,163 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    If your in a state like Cali, maybe up to $9. 5 bucks here. Smart for never getting into it. I don't even like the taste it's just a habit, I had to have one while driving, or drinking, or as an excuse to take a break at work...it's a strange addiction. I don't like to smoke, but somehow it relieved stress, and raised my blood pressure at the same time.

11. negativecreep

1,163 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    That's awesome, best of luck to her! We all have different methods that work for us :)

12. negativecreep

1,163 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    Good for you, I've tried to quit a few times and I always crave a smoke when I drink. Takes a strong person to calm that down, which you seem to be. Respect to you!

13. Dallas_Cowboys50

Dallas_Cowboys50 Well-Known Member

1,263 Messages
    1,094 Likes Received

Thanks but Im anything but strong when it comes to having an addictive personality. Quitting Cigs is my only victory so far lol......

14. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

68,466 Messages
    25,491 Likes Received
    It worked. I told her I don't date girls that smoke. She knew I was serious. She knew she needed to quit. 18 months later we were married.

15. negativecreep

1,163 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    You and me both, always was curious and seemed to just not have that "stop" button in my brain. Tobacco is important for me to quit, because I can kiss my girl without her smelling/tasting it. I have more work to do though.

16. negativecreep

1,163 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    I'm happy for you both, my friend :) that's awesome, she must have been pretty keen on you ;)

17. diefree666

diefree666 Well-Known Member

1,124 Messages
    1,278 Likes Received
    I was very lucky in that I never felt the need to blend in, go along, etc. Looking back its amazing for my generation how many smoked even though by then it was clear it was a bad idea. Of course back then it was also so much cheaper. I never even tried one; I hated the smell of cigarette smoke. I looked at those smoking and how they smelled and how they were constantly scrimping for money to buy them and it just seemed to me so stupid. Pretty much the way I looked at MJ. Tried it a couple of times in college but it did nothing for me and once again the cost really turned me off. My only real vice was that now and then I liked to get stinking drunk; not on beer. Well not until much later on when I discovered Fosters, the real thing; the only beer I ever liked.
    Quit cold turkey after a division party 20 years ago where I got lit and chased the secretary all over the room. Lucky for me her hubby just sat back and laughed. He knew I was too drunk to catch her. He got in trouble for that when she told him she was pissed he did nothing. He really made a mistake then when he told her why he did not try. His black eye was really spectacular. I of course remembered nothing ; but when told the next day that was the last drink of anything I ever took.

18. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

5,995 Messages
    14,118 Likes Received
    I kissed a girl in high school that smoked like an old John Deere tractor. When I woke up the next morning, I felt like I had swallowed an ashtray, never smoked since, except for the occasional victory cigar. Put yourself in her shoes, might motivate you a bit. lol, good luck bro.
    My dad smoked for over 40 years, hasn't had one since the day he retired in 1993. So, it can be done.

19. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

39,461 Messages
    48,633 Likes Received
    I admire people who finish what they started.

20. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

11,745 Messages
    6,827 Likes Received
    Best thing you can do is quit smoking
    Patches work most of the time
    If not, there are other options

Most important thing is that you have to be convinced that it is in your best interest to quit smoking
    Nothing kills more people every single day than smoking